2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Rear seat safety of Quad cab (head rests)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:05 PM
motonutty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seat safety of Quad cab (head rests)?

In a 2003 Dakota Quad Cab, are the rear seats with the incorporated "head rests" high enough to prevent a passenger's head from impacting the rear window or metal body of the cab?

I'm looking for a new (to me) truck that the wife/mother will let me take the kids in. Big high school and middle school age kids, so I need real "headrest functionality".
I cannot tell if the rear seat backs are high enough to function as real head rests to keep a passengers head from impacting the window glass or metal body of the cab in the event of a rear end collision. I see that on the Gen3 2005 Dodge incorporated actual adjustable head rests. I have searched the internet to find pics or videos showing passengers actually sitting in the rear seats. Cant find any....
Thanks for any testimonials or pics.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:08 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I would suggest going to see one in person and visually verify.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:37 PM
motonutty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are none around at the used car dealerships. Too old I guess. The nearest one is almost an hour away and private party so there would be logistics with the seller. It's not quite what I want anyways so I'd be wasting the sellers time really, and would take me 2 hours or a bit more to go check that out after work,....and well this kids I was referring to keep me busy after work. I'm hoping an owner on the forum takes a pic of a someone sitting in one.
Thanks for reply though...
I will go check that one out, if that's what it takes. Dakotas are so cheap compared with most other trucks, and a colleague at work sold his '99 with 280k miles on it and loved it.