2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

I have an oil spot behind my front drivers side tire. And my trucks acting weird.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Bluedemon666
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have an oil spot behind my front drivers side tire. And my trucks acting weird.

Ok so I am no mechanic at all. I no nothing about car parts, identifying problems and knowing how to fix them.

Last night I was coming up to a street, waiting to turn left. I was looking to my right, then my left, then over to my right. I pulled out in front of a car who was coming really close to hitting me. So I slammed on the brakes and put it in reverse really fast. Without coming to a complete stop before I shift.

I drove down the highway for about an hour or so. I got off and headed towards the residential area. I turn my music down and as im going really slow. It sounds that the front left side is squeaking. Like really bad. I would come to a complete stop and turn at the stop sign. Again I was going slow, and my tires were screeching like when you so a tight turn.

Throughout the night it went away. Then came back again just as I was getting home. Oh and also it sounded like something fell off, underneath the truck when I was driving. Made a clank sound. So this morning I noticed a black, dark spot on the driver's door sise, at the very bottom left corner. Where the frame ends for the door and right by the Gap and then the tire.

I checked my brake fluid in the resovior and it's practically full. It has the color of a darkish, nicotine looking color too it.

When I start my truck. My oil level on the dash that looks like a tea cup is showing about 25/30% left.

If you guys need pictures I'll take some.
I have a 2003 Dakota

Help please

Old 09-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Compactc9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluedemon666
When I start my truck. My oil level on the dash that looks like a tea cup is showing about 25/30% left.

If you guys need pictures I'll take some.
I have a 2003 Dakota

Help please
That gage doesn't show oil level, it shows oil pressure.

The only way to check the level is to check it with the dipstick. Sounds like a brake line to me, but could be other things too... Check the oil, and the transmission fluid, as well as the power steering fluid too.