2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2003 Dodge Dakota Transmission Codes P0700, P0755, and P0846

Old 10-08-2017, 05:11 PM
jeffbow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2003 Dodge Dakota Transmission Codes P0700, P0755, and P0846

I am inquiring on my 2003 Dodge Dakota with a 545RFE Transmission. It started one day with driving on the highway at 60 mph and the check engine light came on. At that point it seemed that the truck was running fine. When I got off the highway, I came to a red light and when I pulled out the rpm's went up an the truck would not moved. So I shifted it manually in First Gear and it seemed to shift and then I went to 2nd. Gear, and then to drive. As long as I am manually shifting it operates good. I checked the codes when I got home and got the P0700- Trans Control System Malfunction and also the P0755 which is Shift Solenoid B Malfunction. The truck only has 56000 miles on it. Through looking on line I decided with the codes I had to change the solenoid pack above the valve body. After installing the solenoid valve pack and changing the detent plate since it is a different height and both filters, I took it for a test ride and it started acting the same way as the first time but threw a new code of P0846 which is Trans Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch B Ckt RNg/Perform. Also it had the generic code P0700 which just states Trans Control System Malfunction. Can someone assist me on why the code changed and what might be the issue. Jeff O.

Search this Thread