2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2004 Dodge Dakota Ebrake

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 10:43 AM
EdQuinn56
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge Dakota Ebrake

I have a Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4 4.7 v8 132000 miles had the truck since 2005. I went for inspection and the ebrake failed. So I pulled apart the brakes and sure enough a host of issues. I have replaced the ebrake shoes and all springs tensioners, I took the mechanical lever out of the top cleaned and polished and greased it so it workes smooth as new. New disk and new regular brake shoes while I was at it. I have followed the detail instructions on adjusting the ebrakes I have the tensioners as tight as I can adjust them but the ebrake will not hold in Drive. I have checked the cables and the action of the cables they appear to work smoothly on both sides the levers pull back and release fine. The truck in Reverse will not move even with giving it gas but, in drive just a little gas and she creeps forward. Not sure what to look at next. I have ordered a new cable tensioner as the original cannot be adjusted (rust). The pedal also workes fine ratchets down and releases when you pull the release, jumps right back into place). What am I missing all Mopar parts as well? rest of the brakes work perfectly stops like new.