2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2001 01 Dakota 3.9L Crank no start No fuel No spark Replaced PCM, TPS

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 04:47 PM
TheMadCanadian
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just about all sensor. its how OBD2 works. chrysler call it CCD bus (Chrysler Colision Detection ). they all have the same thing just different name.
the pcm get sensors input in volt or omh , and return it as CCD ( pulse ) to control other things.
it's called multiplexed wires.
if a sensor is internally short , it send wrong voltage to PCM that send wrong pulse on the CCD bus, wich can make almost everything on the CCD bus act weird.
this mean your oxygen sensor can be in perfect condition , but pcm throw a code for it and in reality the problem is another sensor or a shorted wire.
i have a friend with a durango that has a faulty cluster. he had many codes related to ignition and sensors. he swapped the cluster and everything was fine.

here is a screenshot from pdf FSM. can't upload it with this 75Gb plan.

pcm ccd bus

Last edited by TheMadCanadian; 02-12-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added image
Old 02-13-2018, 09:16 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Yep, if it's on the engine, and has an electrical plug, it can cause issues. (except for the coil. it doesn't get its feed from the PCM.)

Old 02-13-2018, 10:36 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yep, if it's on the engine, and has an electrical plug, it can cause issues. (except for the coil. it doesn't get its feed from the PCM.)
The cold side of the coil is ground pulsed by the PCM...so yes, even it can cause issues, and has it's own P code. hahahahahahaha

Old 03-27-2018, 04:03 PM
ru4him2
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last three surgeries not too successful. But, I am glad to be back to this project again.

I was looking for a short under the truck when I noticed a very greasy connector. It is the connector for the transmission range sensor.

When I opened it up it was very wet inside with what looked like fresh red transmission fluid. All the Pin holes were full of the fluid.

Questions:
How is the fluid getting inside the connector? Is the transmission range sensor shot and doing this?
Could this be a short that's causing the crank no start (nobus)?
Could this be the reason for the code P0712 code always showing up right away after I have cleared the codes?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is my work truck and I haven't worked in quite some time.

The following users liked this post:
Hoofingit (09-25-2023)

Quick Reply: 2001 01 Dakota 3.9L Crank no start No fuel No spark Replaced PCM, TPS