2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Best 1/4 mile times possible with 3.9 v6?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 07:46 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

Stock heads will not take much more cam than stock, they have very short throw on the valvetrain.

Hughes only buys the casting, then does their own machine work to make them 2.02's instead of the as-cast 1.92 . Email Richard Nash at HiPoTek ( richard@hi-potek.com ) and get his opinion. He can quote you a whole package.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:43 PM
tdcubbage
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo kit???

okay thanks again. Hey a quick question, please don’t shoot me for asking but I stumbled across a eBay turbo kit. And no not the electric hair dryers. If you go to eBay motors and type Mopar turbo kit. There’s this huge turbo kit for dodge small blocks that looks to have everything you would ever need for $999. I’ve done a little research prior to asking and it seems some lasted 100 miles some lasted 10k miles. It’s a third of the price of the Paxton sc and I was curious if you thought it could hang on a weekend driven truck on no more than 10psi. To the point that I could upgrade to better parts (blow off valves, boost controller, turbo) as I got the cash and just swap them out. But could this kit essentially get me going??? Thanks again for your time.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:50 PM
magnethead
Legend

No idea, I don't know much on turbo stuff, I like my boost to be belt driven.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:15 PM
tdcubbage
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Hey guys just an update. Finally got the cash for new heads waiting for gasket kit to come in to install them. Then I’ll be waiting on the roller rockers. Damn stuff cost a lot haha. Had a question tho. Anyone ever tried sticking a slightly longer pushrods in with the roller rockers to get more lift? If so what is the length needed? I know some old hot rod guys did this...thanks

Old 04-09-2018, 11:10 PM
magnethead
Legend

Originally Posted by tdcubbage
Hey guys just an update. Finally got the cash for new heads waiting for gasket kit to come in to install them. Then I’ll be waiting on the roller rockers. Damn stuff cost a lot haha. Had a question tho. Anyone ever tried sticking a slightly longer pushrods in with the roller rockers to get more lift? If so what is the length needed? I know some old hot rod guys did this...thanks
That's not how that works at all...

Quick Reply: Best 1/4 mile times possible with 3.9 v6?