2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

ABS/brake light on, ABS pump fuse GONE!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:44 PM
DougMd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/brake light on, ABS pump fuse GONE!

On a trip a few months ago, my ABS and brake light came on, brake pedal creeped beneath my foot and rear brake lights didn't work. There were no speedometer problems that are associated with it happening to others. I checked the brake fluid, which was full, and fuses in the fuse panel connected to the dash board and all were fine. So I took it to the dealer, who said the fuse was blown in the engine compartment fuse box, which they replaced. I drove it home, no problems. The NEXT trip on it, the ABS/brake lights came back on again. This time, I checked the fuse box in the engine compartment, and noticed that the ABS pump fuse (40 amp) is not there. Furthermore, it only has one metal lead to it. I didn't get ABS with the truck for all four tires, but it comes standard with the rear. Is there supposed to be a 40 amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse panel where it is labelled "fuel pump?" If so, I wonder why there is only one metal lead to it, thinking the dealer may have ripped off the other side taking out that fuse when I took it in.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Afromankam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABS/brake light on, ABS pump fuse GONE!

There is an ABS fuse in the cabin fuse box also!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS/brake light on, ABS pump fuse GONE!