2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

thinking of selling my truck...questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:12 AM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of selling my truck...questions...

hey guys...im REALLY seriously thinking of selling my truck...i want something that has 4wd...and ive been eyeing up that magnum for 6 months or better...im thinking of getting a used one...so heres my question...ive got an ***-load of mods done to it...custom stereo from the cd player to the sub box(yeah they managed to fit a 10w7 in my reg cab pick up)...ive got a bunch of decals...cold air intake...custom girll etc...etc....its a 3.9 sxt package...very well taken care of and maintained....its a 2002 maroon dodge dakota...with only 47k on her...all original miles...do you guys think i could get 14 or 15 for her...if i sold it privately??? like i said...i really wanna get a magnum but dont wanna let my girl go for a small price...i mean...i seen comparable trucks on the net selling for 10-11k...but the custom stereo in it...definitely makes up for the difference in price...what do you guys think??

Old 01-04-2007, 02:31 AM
dodgedakota98luver
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: thinking of selling my truck...questions...

i wouldnt pay over 10 for it but then again i stole my truck for 7,300 with only 62,000. you might be able to sell it for that price. my advice would be put it in the paper for $13,500 OBO just make sure you use fancy words when describing it

Old 01-04-2007, 04:18 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And don't use the word.....

DECALS

Old 01-04-2007, 05:03 AM
kurbycar32
Veteran

hopefully you kept all of your stock parts..
your best bet would be to return the truck as close to stock as you can. your mods will hardly affect the value of the pickup and in most cases actually steer buyers aways. i think if you hold out and market the thing right you can probly get 12-13 for it. the buyer wouldnt be getting that great of a deal though, i wouldnt pay more then 7-8 for it with a v6

Old 01-04-2007, 05:53 AM
horatio102
Champion

modified vehicles are worth less than stock ones, except to a very limited, specific buyer.

You see trucks selling for 10-11k, that's market value for your truck.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:26 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

well i mean...the dakota is nice...infact i bought it from my pop about 2 months for a steal of a price...i think i should have never drove the charger and magnum two months back...i mean hell i would LIKE to change it over to 4 wheel drive...however i feel that that is incredibly involved...maybe ill just throw a supercharger and a stage 2 jet chip in her...and ill call it a day...probably wont be as fast a magnum/charger...but damnit it will be quick =oD

Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Hell will freeze overthe dayyou get $13k for that truck. The more mods you do, like horatio said, the more you drop the overall value; except for a very slim percentage of the population. You should ask for $12k and accept if someone offers you $11k.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:35 AM
lil
Captain

It seems when I was looking the only time mods added any value to resale price was on custom classic cars where people had put 30-50k into a car but normal upgrades are given away when you sell your truck time to put all the stock stuff back on and sell the upgrades on ebay.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you might find some kid just graduating from high school or haveing this be his first vehicle .younger kids like bad a$$ steros and stuff. but being a reg, cab price might be to high. i would start at 12500.00 and take 10000.00, do a kelly blue book on it and see what they have to say, then decide.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
horatio102
Champion

So you want a Magnum, or you want a 4x4?

Supercharger = good choice, jet stage 2 chip = waste of money.

ORIGINAL: rappin_trashman

well i mean...the dakota is nice...infact i bought it from my pop about 2 months for a steal of a price...i think i should have never drove the charger and magnum two months back...i mean hell i would LIKE to change it over to 4 wheel drive...however i feel that that is incredibly involved...maybe ill just throw a supercharger and a stage 2 jet chip in her...and ill call it a day...probably wont be as fast a magnum/charger...but damnit it will be quick =oD

Quick Reply: thinking of selling my truck...questions...