DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-durango-70/)
-   -   VES - Headphone question (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-durango/26674-ves-headphone-question.html)

RAB356 06-06-2005 12:42 AM

VES - Headphone question

I have looked for information on this but was wondering if anyone out there knows just what kind of wireless headphones the Rear Seat DVD comes with? I am looking to purchase another pair, I can get a set from the dealer for $59 but we aren't too keen on the fit of the stock ones. Does anyone know what they are or how to find out what I can use with this system that doesn't come from the dealer?

tom10y 06-08-2005 01:02 AM

RE: VES - Headphone question

I wish I could help you out with that, RAB. The box of my headphones just say "Ship From: Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America, Inc. 1703 Downing Dr. Maysville, KY 41056" It doesn't say what brand nor model. I guess its just some generic equipment from Mitsubishi Electronic Co. Sorry I couldn't be more clear.

RAB356 06-08-2005 10:05 PM

Yeah, same here. We went looking for some the other day, went to a radio shack and the guy let me take a couple pairs out and try them out, but none of them worked. I found an article somewhere that said they were made by Mitsubishi, or at least the DVD player is, and the headphones were 900Mhz. So I will go out and look to see if I can find some with the scan button on them and see if I can get them to work. The dealer will sell us a pair for $59 each, but we don't like the comfort or fit of the stock ones.....

RAB356 06-13-2005 08:08 PM

So, Here is what I did. Found a post on-line that says they were 900MHZ. So I found a Radio Shack and tried out some. It seems the ones with auto tuning or a scan button like the stock ones work. I picked up a pair of $59 RCA wireless headphone, 900MHZ that have the auto tuning. They worked without any issues.

TigerUSA 08-27-2007 10:58 AM

I just ordered mine from here:
https://www.moparsupercenter.com/hea...5064037aa.html

I have an '08 Avenger.
Looks like it will work with all the VES systems, but you can look up by car year/model to be sure.

Tiger-USA

godevilsmatt 08-30-2007 05:32 PM

I have been looking for replacement headphones for the last week . I didn't want the factory headphones because they broke so easily . when I tried places like best buy and radio shack I got no help because the personnel there didn't really know the product.
Finally I went to a local car audio specialty store - they offered me 3-4 headphones to choose from.
How he explained it to me was that the FCC set up 2 channels for IR wireless signals for automotive entertainment systems. There is an A signal and a B signal (the B is so your can have two different programs -if you have in headrest system- in the same car ) but if you only have one dvd player in the car it would be the standard A signal . just make sure yours work on IR signal.
The main point is any automotive entertainment system headphones should work in any vehicle. I bought a pair of Exonic headphones for $100 -the pair. but it looks like alpine and clarion and a bunch of other manufacturers make them .

lbuddha 04-23-2008 10:20 AM

A good place to find replacement headphones for Dodge is on Ebay. I'm not a big fan of dealing with ebay - too many bad experiences. But there are some vendors out there that also sell them. I bought a pair from www.audiovideo2go.com and they worked fine. They have everything broken down by vehicle, but I learned that any IR headphone works fine on the Dodge IR systems. IR headphones are not brand specific, it would seem. The pair I got have been in the hot car for the last couple of years, and they are still working! Even got chewed on by the dog.... Hope that helps.

Baldwin72 12-24-2012 10:32 PM

A/B vs Scan head phones

Originally Posted by godevilsmatt (Post 938613)
I have been looking for replacement headphones for the last week . I didn't want the factory headphones because they broke so easily . when I tried places like best buy and radio shack I got no help because the personnel there didn't really know the product.
Finally I went to a local car audio specialty store - they offered me 3-4 headphones to choose from.
How he explained it to me was that the FCC set up 2 channels for IR wireless signals for automotive entertainment systems. There is an A signal and a B signal (the B is so your can have two different programs -if you have in headrest system- in the same car ) but if you only have one dvd player in the car it would be the standard A signal . just make sure yours work on IR signal.
The main point is any automotive entertainment system headphones should work in any vehicle. I bought a pair of Exonic headphones for $100 -the pair. but it looks like alpine and clarion and a bunch of other manufacturers make them .

I ordered a set of headphones from http://www.musicfirsthq.com. The warned that the headphones will not work with Scan systems but I read elsewhere that all IR headphones work with all systems. I can tell you now that the A/B channel headphones do not work with the DVD systems that use the Scan button headphones. My '05 Durango book did not say what type of system was installed.