Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:09 PM
lucas_gamboe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission issues PLEASE HELP

I have a 2004 Durango 5.7L Hemi Limited
4WD/AWD

58K Miles

Got into it very cheap because the previous owner I believe was worried about it throwing a rod. I've illiminated that threat thanks to a poster here who discovered it was the wiper cowl leaking water onto the intake. I took that a step further and used rubber grommets where the wiper arms connect and used clear silicone along all contact points and those push pins. (not a drop of water aside from what leaks thru the cabin filter blanket, if you have suggestions on that please offer them)

Anyway, I changed my transmission filter(both) and fluid a month ago for my 60K tune up along with plugs(copper).

It ran...different for a month and my MPG dropped by about 1mpg. I checked the dipstick and I had over filled by about 2.5 quarts. I drained some out and am now about 1 quart over. I'd go to the correct level but it already seems to be low. It is not leaking either

It has random shifts at hwy speed and at low speed seems to be revving too high. And does not have the same get up that it did before. MPGs are also way down. Was 22-24 HWY/16.9 average. Now 19-20 HWY/14-15 average.

Now...what I think may have happened. When replacing the filter, the metal ring did not come out with the old filter so I threw the new one out and assumed to old ring would work fine. Could I not have proper pressure? (maybe the old one fell out without knowing)

I'm thinking of doing it again, only this time paying attention.

Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Transmission issues PLEASE HELP