2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Transmission problem Code p0700

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 02:02 PM
Brenda Crouch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem Code p0700

I have a2004 Dodge Durango SLT+ 4.7 V8. This SUV has had to sit for a year because of an engine rebuild. Got the engine done and placed back in the girl, the engine runs great! Everything runs good except we can't get the truck into gear! Engine light comes on and she continues to run in idle and will not go into any gear. It won't shift down like it would usually do when you put it in gear. And yes, we checked to make sure the parking brake was free. We ran a code on her and the usual p0700 comes up, but when I look that up, I get a ton of ideas what it could be. We had no problem with the transmission prior to parking her to get the new engine rebuild. Maybe something wasn't connected when it was put in? I don't know. We didn't put it in, in fact we weren't here when they brought it from the shop and installed in. Is there anything that we should look for?

Old 07-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Shadetree39

The code P0700 is a general transmission code. You have to get the rest of the codes from the transmission control module. Otherwise you will be doing a lot of guessing. If someone recently replaced the engine they would have had to disconnect the transmission. Did they re-attach the all the sensors and the shifter linkages? The solenoid pack connector? Have you looked under the vehicle for any of these obvious problems?

Old 10-13-2017, 08:47 PM
k2d2hass

I had the same issue. I also had a P0750 code as well. I hade to replace the connector and sensor pack which ran me $615 at Aamco. My truck was running in fail safe (2nd gear)