2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Idle/Acceleration Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 11:45 PM
RussianRoulette
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Idle/Acceleration Issues?

I have an 07 Durango with the 4.7l Flex Fuel engine. When it is in PARK or when I'm at a stop, the idle will bounce intermittently from about 600 to 1100 rpm. It happens about 70% of the time it's stopped. It sounds like I'm lightly revving the engine. Also when I accelerate, it seems to hit a certain speed then it feels like the engine is getting bogged down. I have to really step on it, then it kicks in. This happens every time I drive, but it is most noticeable when I'm going uphill. I have had it just shut off on me while driving a few times. This doesn't happen frequently, but once is too many times and I've past that point already. This is really starting to get dangerous. Does anybody have any ideas what is going on with it?

Old 06-21-2018, 08:48 PM
RussianRoulette

Anybody???

I plan on changing the plugs and cleaning the throttle body this weekend. See if that helps at all. But I was wondering if this could possibly be some sensor, or some other electronic. No trouble codes, though. The fuel shouldn't be the problem, because I get it at a variety of gas stations. And the problem doesn't seem to get better or worse.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:14 AM
rec3036

Sounds like the throttle position sensor to me...

Quick Reply: Idle/Acceleration Issues?