Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 05:33 PM
DannyDF
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 hemi no start p0688 p2112

p0688 auto shutdown relay sense circuit
p2112 electronic throttle control system

Fuel pump is new. 12v applied to it will put out a good flow. key on does energize it temporarily. I believe the circuit energizes while cranking too. starter fluid will allow it to catch briefly but not stay running. When i clear the codes they come back. i'm guessing the asd is shutting things down.

I have a modis ultra that i bought from a friend who inherited it. where do i go from here?

Old 10-15-2018, 01:56 PM
DannyDF
Amateur

Well i figured it out.. i had bought cam and crank sensors and the tps on ebay since they were cheap and ebay was having a 15% off sale or something and i had a gift card already.. but something was gnawing at me with 2 problems happening at the same time, making me think it was a wiring problem at the pdc.. so i decided to check the wires underneath it. pulled the boxes out tried to start and see if a different position would help. nope. so i went back to square one to see if i could bypass the asd circuit by jumping it... and i noticed one of the contacts wasn't present in the box. so i pull the box out open up the bottom of it and sure enough that wire was loose. So i put the relay back in then pushed the connecting wire up on the relay...
I thought that probably jsut happened and couldn't be it. i went to the car and sure enough it started and i'm happy as heck.

i'm thinking it was just touching before and eventually stopped touching. so i'm good to go again. shame this board is so dead oh well

Old 10-15-2018, 01:56 PM
DannyDF
Amateur

Oh and after i drove it a bit, the TPS code went away. no check engines now.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:44 PM
dangdingo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good find on the pushed back terminal...most people miss them(even at dealership level). Curious if the P2112 didn't come from holding the throttle plate while ignition on trying to put in the starting fluid(feedback system got pissed)?? My 2c

Last edited by dangdingo; 10-15-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:20 PM
DannyDF
Amateur

Originally Posted by dangdingo
Good find on the pushed back terminal...most people miss them(even at dealership level). Curious if the P2112 didn't come from holding the throttle plate while ignition on trying to put in the starting fluid(feedback system got pissed)?? My 2c

Nope, came during cranking it alone.. i had put some starting fluid in teh airbox and it caught.. i figured i'd try to help it get more gas as it was catching

Quick Reply: 05 hemi no start p0688 p2112