2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

LITTLE RUST SPOTS: ANYONE ?

Old 04-08-2005, 01:37 AM
viperracing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LITTLE RUST SPOTS: ANYONE ?

I OWN A 04 WHITE DURANGO LIMITED. I BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW. I SEEM TO HAVE THESE LITTLE RUST SPOTS ALL OVER IT AND THE DEALER SAYS THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT AND THAT IF THEY WHEELED IT OUT IT WOULD JUST COME BACK WHEN IT RAINED AND I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE WHEEL JOB BECAUSE ITS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. I TOLD THEM THAT IF MY BRAND NEW TRUCK, THAT HAS ONLY 3000 MILES IN IT IS GOING TO RUST OUT WITHIN A YEAR THEY NEED TO BUY IT BACK BECAUSE IF I WANTED A RUST BUCKET I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A 10 YEAR OLD CAR AND SAVED MY SELF 40 GRAND. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO. THANKS, TONY B.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:26 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: LITTLE RUST SPOTS: ANYONE ?

Check your warranty paperwork. Defects in the paint are covered, but only for a certain period of time....

Old 04-19-2005, 02:27 AM
RcBandit28
Captain

I bet what it is, is rail way dust. If they're shipped by train, it's not easy to avoid. To remove it a good acetone (sp?) or a clay bar will do that job. I've done it many of times at the dealership I work for. And we've bent over backwards to help our customers that buy a vehicle then notice it, it usually means hours of work for me, because it is a slow process but it will come off.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:56 AM
hozz
Rookie

That's exactly what it is, Rail Dust!! You can buy a clay bar in any automotive cleaner section or auto parts store. Get the elbow grease ready, you're in for a bit of work to remove it....but get it now before it becomes unmanageable.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
eeastccoast

Has anyone else had the rust spots in the paint I live in Florida and have an 04 silver durango with the spots all over it they told me it is because of where I live. my neighbor has the same car in white Chrysler just bought hers back after re-painting it several times. It is alot of money to pay to have your car rust after a short time and only 20,000 miles we live no where near the beach nor have any of our other cars rusted. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LITTLE RUST SPOTS: ANYONE ?