2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Parts questions - What should I be expecting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Larry Stevens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts questions - What should I be expecting?

In February I rear-ended an F-150. I needed shocks, didn't realize they were as bad as they were, and the front dipped pretty good allowing him to ride my bumper right into my grill.

This is a 2007 Dodge Durango SLT, 5.7L, AWD/4x4 (standard w/ 4 low on the 5.7). No visible leaks at the time or after the accident other than the coolant at the time of the accident.

What I am sure of as I am finally going to pop the hood this week is:

Buckled hood

Damaged something in the coolant system, I believe just the overflow reservoir since I've let it idle for a good hour with no overheating or leaking. I saw coolant on the ground after the accident.

Lower Left Radiator Frame Rail

Radiator support

AC Still works!

Grill

Bumper Cover

What other damage should I be expecting or looking for? It still drives straight, alignment still feels spot on.

I had just had the rack replaced along with new tires and an alignment when this happened............ :-/

I also noticed one of the headlights (left/drivers side) is going to need replaced.

What I'm wondering is what other problems I should be watching for when I delve into this.

After I realized that frame rail is a bolt on I realized this shouldn't be too hard to fix, other than the hood which no one wants to ship a used color match one.

Last edited by Larry Stevens; 06-17-2017 at 07:32 PM.