2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

01 Intrepid: Transmission or Sensor??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 PM
CrashTestDummie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 01 Intrepid: Transmission or Sensor??

My 01 Intrepid made a high pitched whine today and shortly there after it would not move down the hwy. It then jerked hard and would go, but at a low rate of speed. (After this initial jerk the ENGINE LIGHT came on and in the 4 1/2 years I have owned my have it has never 1 single time been on...has been maintained every 3000 miles, as well). It did this over and over....and over many times....finally got to the point I spent 2 hours going 3/4 of a mile. Would have to turn car off a few minutes, re-start and after I would rev it up it would jerk again and go about another 10-30 more feet....and repeat over & over. What can it be??

Old 08-16-2008, 12:03 PM
mlkmgr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your car jerks and gives you problems, i would highly recomend you don't rev it up, to get it going.

if you can do the key dance method. place key in ignition-turn on/off/on/off/on without ever starting and leave in the "on" position. this will display a P code in the odometer read-out. get that code and we can go from there.

have you changed you trans fluid lately--if so, did you use the correct ATF-4 fluid?
you can clear the code by simply unplugging the negative terminal from your intrepid for a few minutes and drive to see if it returns.

Quick Reply: 01 Intrepid: Transmission or Sensor??