2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Electronic Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 12:07 AM
bradleyyates
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Issues

Hi everyone,
I have a 2003 dodge intrepid with the 2.7L engine. I was recently involved in a high speed collision with some livestock. I swerved out of the way but it messed up both passenger side doors and the rear quarter panel, no airbag deployment or anything. I only use the car to commute back and forth to work so I figured what the heck I'll put a couple of junkyard doors on it and pound out the quarter panel as best I can.

The thing I can't figure out is why some of my electronics went out. The blower motor, radio, mirror adjusters, trunk release, front passenger window and door lock, and the remote door locks are all no longer working. As far as the passenger side lock and window go that may be the fault of the junkyard door, I kept my window motors but I used the wiring from the doors at the junkyard, the back door works fine and that's the one that got more messed up. but the other problems showed up immediately after the collision. All the other electronics like the dome light, other windows and locks, power seats etc. are working fine.

I have checked every fuse and gone over all wiring that I could get to, I have been looking over the wiring diagrams in the service manual and the components which have stopped working don't seem to all come from a common source or anything.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help is appreciated.