2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 12:43 PM
Zo-
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please

Hi, My name is Alonso aka Zo.
So my buddies and I are working on a 02 dodge intrepid. Originally there was an oil leak so a valve cover gaskets change was done. After that was done the car no longer wanted to start we have swapped the battery as well as pulled the starter and had it tested.the starter passed three separate tests and we are at a loss on where to begin. We thought possible ground issue but the guy that did the valve cover gaskets swears it was done right so it shouldn't be that. We also thought maybe a relay went bad but trying this forum before proceeding. I would like to add we are also doing a water pump on the vehicle and we too are having an issue with a stripped bolt. We tried the sockets that deal with stripped bolts and having a hell of a time. Any suggestions please

Old 07-16-2017, 03:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

How is your access to the bolt? I generally drown them with chemicals, grab ahold of em with vice grips, tap on the end of the bolt with hammer, while trying to wiggle it back and forth with the vice grips. Once it breaks loose, they usually come out fairly easy.

Moving this to the intrepid section for ya.

Welcome to DF!