2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

lowering my 2004

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:38 AM
TaterTodd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering my 2004

I finally have the money and i'm going to be buying springs and struts this weeks ... For the struts I'm picking up the Tokico HP (the blue ones), and the springs are the Eibach Sportlines. This should drop he car about 2". Am I going to be needing a caster camber kit to get a good alignment or can I go without it ???

Old 09-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

If the new struts are slotted that should take care of camber, can't say I've used them though. Don't know how much caster will change.

I know you can usually pick up eccentric bolts to replace the upper bolt for like 20 dollars a side.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:53 AM
earlyre
Professional

I must be older than i really am or something...I never got the whole slam the car to the pavement thing..
why on earth would someone want to make this car any lower?...
if anything, i would like to raise the nose to the same clearance as the tail. Level it out, not grind the front coming out of high parking lots, or scrape over speed bumps...maybe it's just me...

not meant as a slam against you or anything Todd, it's your car, more power to ya, but i for one just don't get it...

Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
cheapez
Veteran

Lower your car will not impress the girls. It doesn't help much in handling (Only if you can go really fast in this car). All it does is: it's easier to control your car with your eyes on the pavement.

You can also install the rear sway bar with this mod.
Many people have said: it feel nicer after they installed the rear sway bar.

Last edited by cheapez; 02-04-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

Some people like the look lowering gives to their car, I'm not one of them. But I think if you have a passion for your car then it's as cool as any other car out there.

Last edited by Moparkyle; 09-04-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM
TaterTodd
Professional

Considering I'm married with kids impressing the girls is far from what I'm looking for. Nothing was mentioned about "slamming" it either. The springs will lower the car about 2" ... which will basically fill in the wheel well and thats the look "I" prefer ...

As for how a car looks ... I'd have to go for what you own. My 1988 Mustang LX is made for the street and strip. It's my toy. As for the Neon, I hate a stock car. If you leave your car stock I look at it as a waste of time. You have to make a car an extension of ones self. A plain car to me means a boring person who I don't hang with. I prefer car people who have a passion for working on their cars no matter what kind of car it is. You do your car for yourself no one else and the one who does what the crowd dictates then is a waste of life ... Blaze of path don't follow ...

Last edited by TaterTodd; 09-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply: lowering my 2004