Trunk rattles

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 03:13 PM
redskinz56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk rattles

hey everyone!

looking for some suggestions for my trunk rattling due to my sound system.
I have a 2000 watt amp along with a kicker

not only does my trunk rattle but my rear view mirror faces down and won't stay up in position even when in lock.

when i have the volume up and inspect the outside of the car, it sounds as if something from underneath the rear of the car (not just the trunk). i know its not the license plate frame because i already checked that.

please help!!people around me are lookin at my trunk like as if something is wrong with my car. LOL!!!
I'm lookin for affordable suggestions. thanks!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 03:33 PM
technical18
Professional
Default RE: Trunk rattles

you can try applying Dynamat to the trunk, and using 4 instead of 2 screws in your license plate.

as far as the noise under the car, *shrugs* maybe u shook a screw loose somewhere. maybe the exhaust.

other than that i dont think there is anyway to completely get rid of the rattle, just dampen it..

Old 05-18-2007, 03:41 PM
contagious19
Champion

instead of buyin dynamat go to home depot and buy quick fix for roofing. it works just like dynamat and its cheaper i did my whole trunk wit dat and it work. it still rattles but not as much as it used to. we i have da same sound at da bottom rear end of da car. i dont kno wat it is but it sounds like metal rattling but i dont pay to much attention to it. oh and your rear view mirror, same hear i have a 1600 watt amp pushin 2 kicker comprvs and my mirror used to come completely off but i fix dat wit some superglue. lol. there aint nutin really u can do about dat.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Kapitald
Captain

i have a 3600 watt mono-block amp and two audiobahn 12's in a custom ported box...its the biggest box you can fit into a 2nd gen (we made it that way)..you have to take the spare tire and jack and wheel well cover out just to get the box in or out...I tried to make that my pic for my profile on here but it didnt work right....it is so loud ive put my mirror back on several times and my trunk is useless....dynamat wouldnt help anything but make my wallet lighter lol...

Old 05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Kapitald
Captain
Old 05-18-2007, 08:53 PM
nswap7
Captain

i say go with the insullation

Quick Reply: Trunk rattles