Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAI I DO NOT RECOMMEND

It must be Karma, stop doing whatever your doing thats bad. TSK TSK

Old 06-09-2007, 03:13 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

its been said before in this thread keep the CAI intake and invest in the Bypass Valve...39.00 + shipping can save you 1000.00+ down the line....

url: http://modernperformance.com/dcx/aem_bypass.shtml<--- it says AEM intakes only!! but you get the point!

Old 06-09-2007, 03:28 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

karma huh lol. haven't done anything bad that would cause "karma" to come back around, sorry to dissappoint sawhiskey

Old 06-09-2007, 04:01 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: mike9fore

its been said before in this thread keep the CAI intake and invest in the Bypass Valve...39.00 + shipping can save you 1000.00+ down the line....

url: http://modernperformance.com/dcx/aem_bypass.shtml<--- it says AEM intakes only!! but you get the point!
If your going to invest money in a cold air intake, there is no point in buying a bypass valve because that added component along the intake track will just cancel out any gains from the CAI itself. If your really that concerned about hydrolock, just by a shortram intake IMO.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

ORIGINAL: mike9fore

If your going to invest money in a cold air intake, there is no point in buying a bypass valve because that added component along the intake track will just cancel out any gains from the CAI itself. If your really that concerned about hydrolock, just by a shortram intake IMO.
BAH!! SHORT RAM....

oh well. I am really sorry to hear about your predicament. I have had no problems, ever with my cai and it has been on the car for going on 2 years.[8D]

Old 06-09-2007, 05:21 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I've driven through snow up to the dodge emblem on my bumper, water about 4 inches deep and gone through some big puddles I wished I could have avoided. But my filter is probably about 6 inches from the ground, and it is protected pretty well right behind the drivers fog. So I don't know how you hyrdolocked it. Must have been a big puddle.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

LikeI said before it was not that big of a puddle, it was not smalleither but I wouldn't have driven through it ifI thoughtI wouldn't make it through.I have made it through some puddles and all,Iguess yesterday was justnot my day. ON A LIGHTER NOTE!!!! I went to go take a look at her today where i had pulled over (in a parking lot), and before I tried to even start the car, I took apart the intake and throttle body. Once I took the piece that connects to the actual intake manifold, water just gushed out. I'm not talkin about a small amount, I would say there was about half a gallon maybe a lil more. I think I stopped and pulled over at the perfect time because my car did not hydrolock and once I took one of those long shotgun looking waterguns in the manifold and sucked the remaining water out, put everything back together and dried any remaining wet pieces, MY CAR STARTED RIGHT UP!!!!! It was sputtering a lil bit so i just let it run for a bit, drove it and it drives fine BUT it does feel like there was a lil power loss, or maybe its just because I was p***y footing around lol. Went to wal-mart and bought some SeaFoam which brings me to another question, on the bottle it says that it can be poured into the throttle body to remove moisture from the cylinders, would that be safe to do in our cars r should I just leave it as is, I put some in my gas tank and have a bit left. Sorry for the long post all, but I am extremely greatful and ecstatic. I LOVE NEONS!!!!!! no matter what lol (they are so sexy LMAO)

Old 06-09-2007, 08:11 PM
nswap7
Captain

thats awesome bro. glad to hear its better now. what you gunna do about the cai?

Old 06-09-2007, 09:03 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

probably keep it lol. anyone know about puttin SeaFoam in the throttle body?

Old 06-09-2007, 10:08 PM
nswap7
Captain

all i know is that youll put on a smooke screen..lol running the car

Quick Reply: CAI I DO NOT RECOMMEND