P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:49 AM
technical18
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

Is that the sensor that plugs into my air intake filter? If I'm right i think the wire is frayed alittle.

How do i fix it? What do i need?

How much do u think the dealer would charge to fix it?

Old 05-11-2008, 01:02 PM
inthewerks
Veteran
Default RE: P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

not sure how much a new sensor costs but if its just that your wire is frayed, then just replace the harness. cheapest is at the junkyard. cut the harness and wire in the new one. i would recommend using a heatshrink tubing over the wire splice to protect against moisture and other things to keep resistance low on the wire. your actual sensore might still be fine.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:18 PM
ewetho
All Star

It all depends on where frayed. If right at the connector you need a PIGTAIL with the connector to splice in. Preferred method would be to solder it in and apply heat-shrink with adhesive to provide a weather tight seal. (butt splices with heat shrink and adhesive will also work but not as clean a repair.

If it is frayed back a ways and you can cut strip solder (or even butt splice) then you can just do a wiring repair and just cut out the worn section and add in any necessary wire to make it long enough.

Then see where you are at. If it still has the same thing going on look a possible a new sensor as that one seems shorted by code anyway.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

I also get a code for this stupid Air Intake temp sensor like every other day. I can understand why I would get a code, cuz I replaced my stock stuff with a short ram intake, so I can see why I would get a high temp...but I don't, i get a dang low voltage code! (P0112)

Why the heck are there like 4 different code for this dumb little thing, i have no frayed wires, have taken the thing out checked it, cleaned it...only thing i can figger is that it needs to be replaced...but isn't that what all the codes mean? why not just one code that says replace

I mean, he has a frayed wire and it says "high temp"...i have a situation that I should get a high temp, and mine says "low voltage"...doh!

Quick Reply: P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input