2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

po335 fault and Transmission rattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 10:46 PM
Noah Yaney
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default po335 fault and Transmission rattle

So today my neon threw a code at me (after a few weeks of rattling). The current fault is p0335 crankshaft position sensor a circuit and there are 2 pending faults, p0562 powertrain system low voltage, and p0700 tran control system (MIL request). From my limited knowledge and research is seams like I may need to replace the crank sensor (or atleast test it) and the reluctor ring (due to the rattling). The car ran fine with the rattling for a few weeks but tonight started to stutter and then die. Took a minute but restarted and got me home without dying. Still rattling and drooping rpm a little every so often. So does anyone know how to check and see if the reluctor ring is indeed band, and howe to replace it if so? Or perhaps a decent quote on what a mechanic might charge should I be ouyt of my depth.

Noah

Old 11-28-2019, 10:22 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the 2nd Gen Neon forum.

I see you don't have any replies yet, so I'll see if I can get things started. Did the cam sensor rattle problem come about suddenly after some event???

Have you checked its mounting fasteners to make sure all is secure??? Have you checked the cam sensor electrical connector to make sure its tight & the wiring to it is undamaged, in case you have more than one problem.

There is a shop manual sticky link on this forums index page that you can access your year vehicle, to determine if you want to do the trouble shooting, or cam sensor or tone ring replacement.
I've not yet had this problem, so can't provide any first hand input on replacement, or labor cost on someone else doing the work.

Some beginning thoughts for consideration, let us know what you find & how it goes.

Last edited by paw paw; 12-22-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Quick Reply: po335 fault and Transmission rattle