DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Neon (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-neon-78/)
-   -   dtjackten offical progress post.... (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-neon/163217-dtjackten-offical-progress-post.html)

dtjackten 05-26-2008 08:36 PM

dtjackten offical progress post....

9 Attachment(s)
well i saw that some of u have made a post like this and i thought what the hell. i am bord so why not.....

anyway... to start i bought my 02 neon back in 03 used with 23,000 miles on it (stock). fivespeed, no ac, no power, no NOTHING... since then the car has went threw alot of different changes.. the very first thing i did to it was bought euro style taillights off of ebay.

then i decided it needed to be dropped... i bought again off ebay cheap ass coilovers.. bad idea..upgraded a year later to eibach sportline springs...

i removed the moldings one day on the door when i got bord, and decided a set of rims was in store.. the set i got was primax 618s in a 17. i got them from a wrecked neon in my town. in great shape and about 100 miles on them.that same year i decided after seeing in a mag with an idea with four bucket seats... two in the front and two in the rear... i thought that was a SICK idea and started the plans.... after getting two that was the exact same in a local junkyard, i started.. with my brothers help getting teh two ten inch infinity subs in the center of the seat (dynomat was also installed in the trunk and floor of the car)... it was done... with a four point cage to boot..... i was happy with the car for an interior now....

picture of four buckets done
Attachment 118142

trunk
Attachment 118143

so in the summer of 05 i decided to go with power... getting me an extra 99 neon head i decided i needed a port and polish... threw that summer i saved up every dime i could to get the head done before winter to install it... well after getting a nice bonus at my old job i got the head done... mopar 6hp cam, titanium valve springs, and indy raciing valves were install along with the huge port and polish that i had done... well with some of the extra money i had i decided to maybe go turbo in the upcoming winter..

and i got a great deal on a t3t4 turbo setup off of a friends saturn custom turbo set up... that set in my garage for about three months when the car was put up and stored.... still with the fart can on it that i had gotten for it i pulled it in in the winter of 05... and started the tear down... the head was back on itin a weekend... i got the car out for a few passes at the track with the new head on it....15.6 i did not really think that was bad... but not happy enough... getting only one pass at the strip before the snow was flying in ny... i decided the turbo that was sitting there was going to be a good thing to use for the upcoming winter.... from there i started peicing ther rest of the kit together, injectors, manifold, ext. ext. running an safc for my management system did not go according to plan... had to change alot of stuff with it, and spend some money doing it right.... as the turbo project was coming to an end and tuning was starting to get better i decided to take it to the track... first pass was a ( i think)14.6 with no traction whatso ever.

i gradually started to learn how to drive the car to get tracton out of the whole... getting quicker and quicker each pass....
half way threw the summer of 06 i decided i was sick of the same old borning neon look... and started to have a friend help with the body work... we started with a suby inspired hood, the day before a show we finished it. shaving the front bumpers marker lights was also done for the same show...

shot of the car at the first show with the hood on it.....
Attachment 118144

with the 03+ headlights.. (that would be the first of many mods to the same bumper) the lights fit nice... allitte shaving and grinding they fit in decent...

shot at the local nopi show with the headlights done....(took second in my class:D)
Attachment 118145

running 14.1 at that time i was happy.....

then the winter of 07 came.. the neon was going backin the garage... with nothing else to think of to do execpt an intake manifold and hooking up the ms... that was going to be a mild winter....(compared to previous ones) trading for the ms some left over turbo parts getting the ms for next to nothing, and getting the indy racing manifold used from a person on DF.... things were looking up.... UNTILLthe wheel and shaft in my turbo was shot.. out of ballence and deffently in need of replacing.... running into some other financial issues i decided the neon was not going to get driven for the year of 07:( after about a week or two of wondering to get the car running or just tear the thing apart..... pissed off one day about work the disasembly began!!!!! pulling engine trans and everything else insite out of the car....

Attachment 118146

Attachment 118147

Attachment 118148

also while i was in the engine bay i decided to clean some stuff up. with some paint and some panels to fill some holes up that i would not be needing

Attachment 118149

the wiring harness was next, along with relocating the ecu...

Attachment 118150

i think that about covers it to date.... wish me luck and hope u all enjoyed reading about my car.... if u think i missed anything... let me know.... because i am about 100% sure i did....
put in ur input i would love to hear it....

ps. did not have time to proof read... lol[8D]

mat663 05-26-2008 11:41 PM

RE: dtjackten offical progress post....

I am loving the pic of the car at the show. A very very clean car indeed. Did you made that suby hood or did you buy it?
I really like your progress so far, i think you by far have done the most effort modding the engine.
DO you have any more close up pics of the 03+ headlights on the car? Do they require modding to fit or would it fit ok?
Now that you got the Eibach sprigns in...do you also have aftermarket struts too? or stock struts? Do you bottom out alot on big bumps? (sorry for the questions, i am thinking about lowering too)
I really like the idea for the rear seats. I dont think i have ever seen any other neon with that.
Overall, nice progress but it is still a story without and ending yet. Now that it is summer 08, arent you going to do more things to it?

N30N 05-27-2008 02:55 AM

your car looks really long for some reason.like stratus long..lol..weird

dtjackten 05-27-2008 09:11 AM

I am loving the pic of the car at the show. A very very clean car indeed. Did you made that suby hood or did you buy it?
I really like your progress so far, i think you by far have done the most effort modding the engine.
DO you have any more close up pics of the 03+ headlights on the car? Do they require modding to fit or would it fit ok?
Now that you got the Eibach sprigns in...do you also have aftermarket struts too? or stock struts? Do you bottom out alot on big bumps? (sorry for the questions, i am thinking about lowering too)
I really like the idea for the rear seats. I dont think i have ever seen any other neon with that.
Overall, nice progress but it is still a story without and ending yet. Now that it is summer 08, arent you going to do more things to it?

i do not have a pic of the front bumper complete... it sits in my garage so maybe tonight when i get home i will take a pic of it set up against my car..

as for the springs and struts.... yes i did go with kyb gr2 struts... it ride is great compaired to those coilovers....(they suck) it handles well to... but i need some swaybars for it... looking at the ones rt has for sale...no, i do not bottom out on big bumps with those struts and springs..

the plans for summer of 08 is.... built bottom end..(low compression pistons and built rods) my goal is 400whp.. and i am hopin to hit the 350ish mark this year... with more engine mods soon to come...

as for the hood it was built... a friend of mine does body work and i got the suby scoop off of a wrecked one... and he molded it into the hood and painted it.... a nice little touch... but with the newer style headlights some people think it is a suby... kinda bugs me sometimes, but sometimes i get alot of humor out of it... lol

KARR 05-27-2008 11:22 AM

Nice. I like the back seats. I remember seeing your tear down pics in your gallery. I like the headlights. One thing for sure. The car looks alot better without the side moldings. Now your making me want to take mines off. Good work and progress. I wish I knew someone that could paint my car.

dtjackten 05-27-2008 11:32 AM

Yeah, i got lucky that i found dave giles of envious customs... check him out at www.enviouscustoms.com

dtjackten 05-27-2008 11:34 AM

accually his elcamino is parked next to my car in the show pic.... BEFORE PAINT WAS SPRAYED!!!... i love that car... it roof line comes up to my waiste!!!!

Mat00ES 05-27-2008 11:37 AM

Is that a piece pf a street sign on the passanger side of the engine bay?

KARR 05-27-2008 11:57 AM

Thats a good site. Im going to work on getting my car painted next year. I need to research some good paint shops.

dtjackten 05-27-2008 12:52 PM

no... it was a cardbord cut out of what my fill panel was?? but it would of been cooler if it was a street sign:D