2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

vibrates and scary noises coming from the front

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:38 PM
ga2404
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibrates and scary noises coming from the front

I don't know what happened to my 2004 sxt, but I got in it and started to drive and soon as i got over 4 or 5 mph the car started vibrating, I was this is weird, I just got new tires, alighnment, brakes, rotors, etc.but when I drive it the car shakes like its jello, can;t describe it, and makes a thuding sound, i can feel the alignment is messed up, but I can;t figure out what it could be a friend said a broken tie bar, or harmonic balancer, can any one else shed some light on it?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 AM
mjs182004
Veteran

Is the cel light on?

Old 11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
OhNo2.0
Professional

Does it do it to when you rev it up when in park or neutral? Or just when the car is moving?

If the car is moving I'd say a CV joint it totally disconnected somehow, but if it does it even when you are not moving I'd say someone didn't tighten one of your engine mount bolts good enough and it's just flopping around in there like a wet noodle.

Too be honest...I have no idea, look under your car, check for anything out of the ordinary and if you don't find anything then you should run codes cause it's probably internal.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:40 PM
bcratz06
Default sounds like motor mounts

If your car is an auto then pop your hood and watch the engine as a friend holds the brake and puts it in drive. if the mounts are gone you will see the motor rock forward or to the pass side. thats a dead giveaway. if not I recommend jacking up the front and testing the ball joints and tie rod. I had a bad vibration in my 00 neon 5 speed and found out that it was just two tires had belts broke in them. so may wanta look into getting your car new shoes unless they already are...sorry if this doesnt help

Old 11-29-2008, 02:30 AM
tsmits85
Default Similar Symptoms

I had a similar experience in my '04 SE. I drove it around for a while thinking it was going to be an expensive fix. I brought it in one week when I had some extra cash, and much to my surprise, it was the tie rod end. It only cost me $60 to fix. Had it back in a couple hours. Dang, I wish I hadn't waited.

Quick Reply: vibrates and scary noises coming from the front