2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

the new plans i have

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 03:56 PM
drftz31
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the new plans i have

i have been on another sites, and not to many people have heard of the sts set up,( rear mount turbo ). I want to know if anyone has done this on a neon, if so how much did it cost. How does the set up run, thanks. I know how it works, just want to know what people think about the set up. everyone here in vegas, goes with the swap or turbos from the srt, which is fine. I just want to try something different.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

To my knowledge, no one has done that to their neon here.

Personally I don't see any point in doing this to a neon.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:09 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star

I know what set up your talking about but you lose some boost from it traveling so far. But as far as being different it's deff something that people don't regularly do so if thats what your going for do it.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 PM
pasgaines
Professional

i have checked on them when they first came out, i have seen two on a corvette, and i can't remember the price, i remember it was too much for me, i think arond 6k, i will look around cuz i was really interested in them,

Old 11-17-2008, 08:26 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

the reason the sts setup was made is because of the vettes, new srt chargers, and ls1 cameros.... more i am sure but those are the biggerst sellers... the reason is those cars simply do not have the room in the engine compartment to put two good size turbos in... lag is minimized do to stock power those cars r producing stock on a stock 2.0 neon would simply not be worth it... would take a long time to spool... very good idea however to be different from the rest.... u could just turbo the 2.0, but that is also getting fairly comon as well...

Quick Reply: the new plans i have