2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Door fuse problem???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:22 PM
tr10av
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door fuse problem???

I searched for an answer and this describes my problem perfectly:

2000 Dodge Neon The odometer flashes and says door then fuse and then the mileage it continues flashing in sequence The mileage stays lit up even when all the power is shut off?

Some of the answers given were:
Answer

I came across your problem while searching for the identical situation in my son's car. The only difference was that his dome light also stayed on. Not finding an answer on the Web, he took it to a mechanic who played around with the switches on the doors. After doing something to adjust the switch on one of the rear doors, the problem stopped. My son said that it took only minutes, and the mechanic didn't even charge him for the fix.
Answer

I had the same problem with my 2000 dodge neon. The fuses were all good, under the dash and under the hood. The interior light acts as a fuse for the door system, therefor door fuse flashes, so I checked the interior light bulb, it was good. Then I began to trace the interior wiring, it went to the roof interiors back driver side and then down beside the driver side back seat, if that makes any sence. You can take the plastic off were the interior lining ends and there is a connecting with a red mulex type connector. If the two halves are unplugged plug them up and your good to go. Hope this makes sence and works.

Answer

i have the same problem for the last 4 months i learened that you have to replace the door stopper

If someone has had this problem in the past and fixed it could you go into a little more detail on exactly how to fix it? Thanks alot.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star

glad you found your answer when my door thing messed up i didn't have the fuse thing and all i did was cut the wires to that door so my dome light only comes on when three of the doors are open not the fourth which is no big deal to me.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:58 AM
tr10av

Originally Posted by smallblockfreak
glad you found your answer when my door thing messed up i didn't have the fuse thing and all i did was cut the wires to that door so my dome light only comes on when three of the doors are open not the fourth which is no big deal to me.
What door did you have to cut? The back seat on the driver's side?

I found the answer but I need a little more clarification on exactly what I'm looking for like what is the door stopper, where is it, and how much/how hard it is to replace?

And where exactly is this red mulex connector? Is it on the drivers side back seat door pillar?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:17 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star

yes it was the driverside back door that messed up on mine.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:19 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine flashed fuse when I was missing a ground in the engine bay. Fixed the ground (reattached it actually, lol, oops on my part) and it was good to go.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
tr10av

I think mine is spefically the door fuse though because above the odometer is says door and that never goes off or changes

Old 05-19-2009, 02:34 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, probably then. Just saying it can be more than the door I suppose.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
tr10av

Fixed It: Ended up that the passenger side door stop thing wasn't working. Just took it out replaced the dome light and problem solved.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:03 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Congrats on the fix!

Old 05-23-2009, 05:51 AM
tr10av

Originally Posted by darthroush
Congrats on the fix!
Thanks, glad it was something relatively simple and cheap. And not some annoying thing I was going to be stuck with. Now if I can just all the speakers working.

Quick Reply: Door fuse problem???