2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Rear Transmission Mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:35 AM
gmcferon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Transmission Mount

Guys,

Does anyone have any how to instructions on how to replace the transmission mount on a 2004 NEON. And where is the best place to get parts. It is my daughters car and I replaced the two engine mounts on the passanger side. But still have a lot of shift in the engine when throttle is applied

Thanks,

Gary

Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To get to it you need to remove the battery plus tray, take off the driver front tire. Inside the wheel well your see a plastic round cover, a ground strap off the struts clips to where Im talking about, remove, you'll find either a torques or a bolt not sure and thats the bolt that bolts it to the frame. With that removed lower down the trans with a floor jack (needs to be holding the trans to remove upper bolt), youll see three bolts on the trans to the mount. Best place to get a mount not sure, where you got the motor mounts should be able to get it.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:41 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not going to lie either, it's a PITFA to do. Not because it is hard, just because of the amount of work involved, lol. I'm not being spiteful or anything, after having to take it off and put it on 4 times recently...

Quick Reply: Rear Transmission Mount