2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

HELP... I need a crankshaft

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 PM
boatmoter
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP... I need a crankshaft

Hi.hope Im on the correct forum.. have a 2000 neon es. 2.0 SOHC and I built the engine 10,000 miles ago,it's a everyday driver and non performance, the only crankshaft I could find was from advance auto parts and when they shipped it to me I noticed it said remanufactured in Pakistan,well,put it in anyway, and the vibration from day 1 is unbelievable as I understand the crankshaft has to be balanced and I know the flex plate and crank pulley is not a counter balance or they would go back on in one direction only and be keyed, like the majority of engines, has anyone bought a crankshaft for their neon and where?? any leads much appreciated.. oh ,all mounts new including the center right side and all were adjusted through the procedures, no difference on vibration, I hope this is not a throwaway engine.. vibration is really bad even in park holding it up to 2000 RPM

Old 12-21-2012, 12:51 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You know, you could have send a bad Crank shaft to a Machine shop, they can machine it under spec, and give you a select fit under size bearing instead of buying a new Crank shaft.

Well, If the Crank Shaft is out of balance, you could call around ur local machine shop, and see if they have the equipment to balance it for you.

Quick Reply: HELP... I need a crankshaft