2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2004 Dodge Sx 2.0 Sport wont start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
dzigner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge Sx 2.0 Sport wont start!!!

I need some advice, comments anything.... I have a 2004 Dodge Sx 2.0 Sport which for the most part has been ok.. Bought it with 18kms on it brand new right of the lot and have had some problems since day one such as key not coming out of ignition and such... But recently when the weather gets cold or damp i have notice anyways that it doesnt want to start... I have full power all lights radio and such it just doesnt start... I took it into the dealership where i bought it and was told because i was 33 kms over my warenty there was nothing that could be done... When this first happened it had just turned over the 60k mark it took 32kms to get it home.... Anyways took it to my mechanic where he cleaned battery posts after informing me my dealership didnt even bolt my battery in at all... This was a week ago i have yet to have a problem with it till this morning when it snowed over night... I went out to warm up the car it wouldnt start and my engine light, oil light and security light all came on.. i waited 5 min tried again and it started, however the security light stayed on the whole drive... I am confused and am unsure what could be wrong have been given so many stories... Chip in key malfunction, poor connection in fuse box, starter, Body control Modual... Please someone help me!!!

Old 12-30-2010, 02:14 PM
bcman
Default car not starting

I have just had the same problem, the car has sat for 6 months so I thought it might be water. It would try to start 3 times and just shut off. Then it acted as if the battery had been disconnected except for the lights and gauges working.
I put in gas line antifreeze and it seems to have stopped the problem.
THere must be a lock out for the ignition to stop having power after 3 tries.
Good Luck

Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wonder if he hasn't started his car in 3years?

Old 01-03-2011, 10:17 AM
bcman
Default neon not running after start

Okay I have had to put 2 bottles of gas line antifreeze and this worked. Just one it still did it. The second one seemed to solve the problem.
Good Luck.

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge Sx 2.0 Sport wont start!!!