2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

looking 4 a exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:48 PM
superman93
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking looking 4 a exhaust system

hey guys im new to this bc i just got my neon n i was looking to start modding it soon. i was looking to get a exhaust system but i want a dual exhaust any suggestions on what i should get?

Old 03-27-2011, 05:09 PM
TaterTodd
Professional

There are several choices that you can with. Now depending on how much you're wanting to spend depnds on what kind you get ... Magna Flow makes a dual exhaust system which runs around $600, to finding a factory SRT-4 on craigs list, to different kinds on Ebay ... or here's the factory exaust for the SRT-d option for the 2005's, 5273673AA - Muffler w/dual chrome tips 5114171AB - Rear fascia w/ dual cut-outs (those are the factory part #'s from Dodge)

Old 03-27-2011, 05:14 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah like todd said magnaflow is nice and than there is ebay exhausts and than theres the srt stock exhaust that alot go with and than there borla like I have . You just have to look around to see what you like. Also go to your local exhaust place and see if they have any other ideas . So super what do you wanna do to your sxt and what does your sxt have already.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
superman93

i really was looking for a srt exhaust. i just got it a week ago n i only put a cheep intake in it 4 now till i get the money for a better. what im trying to do give it a little power and either put a kit on it or drop it a little.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:38 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Check out the mopar lip kit very cheap bodykit and not to wild like some out there for the sxt. I have a cheap intake in mine for like almost 7yrs now so I would keep your intake just as good as the name brands. For a drop I would go for tokiko blues and eibach prokits. srt exhaust are pretty cheap also if your just lookin for a stock srt one. You can find those for 150 or less the same for the lip kit 150 or less.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:04 AM
TaterTodd
Professional

A post I just made with factory part #'s .. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ml#post2460929

Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 AM
superman93

150 sounds pretty cheep is the srt stock exust a good one bc I was looking at a dual magnaflow for 600 what one would u go with n showsxt would u be able to send me a few links where to get the kit n the srt exhuast. And also what do u guys think of a chip should I do that or no?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

I would go to your local dealership for the lip kit and exhaust I would try a junk yard 1st to see if they have any srt4s around and see if they still have the exhaust on . I would go with the srt exhaust seeing 600bucks is alot for an exhaust. Also try ebay and amazon or craigs list for an exhaust. Do not do a chip they dont work in neons at all.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
superman93

When u mean dealership do u mean like a store that sells body parts? For the srt exhust would I have to changhe anything else or will it fit perfect. And do u think I would spend more the 200 for the exhust? N since you said no chip what do u think I can do to bring my horsepower up?

Old 03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

I mean a local dodge dealership they can get you a lip kit thats where I got mine at and my friend just got one from his. No you would not have to change anything bolts right up. No a srt exhaust will be cheaper than 200 shipped if you can find one locally like on craigs list or junk yard would be even cheaper. I would stick with your intake than go to modern performance online and look under there engine stuff and maybe get a header, 60 mm tb indy intake manifold je pistons, crane cams camshaft, underdrive pulley and I have alot more also I think Im getting 180 now for hp and if you really want some hp than I would go with a srt turbo swap like Im going to do Im going to be hitting 350 hp with the stage3 kit I have also.

Quick Reply: looking 4 a exhaust system