2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

The Official 2nd Gen Neon Off-Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:14 PM
cheapez
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 41TE manual book.
I think I will have to rebuild my 41TE trans in the future.
I still have a problem with my car shifting, but it's drive able for now.
Last time I changed the trans fluid, I saw lot of metal debris in the pan.
Don't know for how long it will take the beating.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

or if you can find a cheap spare out of the junkyards and rebuild it that way when yours craps you got one ready to go

What would you do for a roof that's terribly oxidized? Wet sand it & rebuff or have a wrap installed just for the top?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

As long as there is nothing keeping me from driving it that's what I intend on doing lol.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TejasMtnBiker
What would you do for a roof that's terribly oxidized? Wet sand it & rebuff or have a wrap installed just for the top?
Factory paint usually doesn't do too well with wetsanding (usually not too much there to sand). Is it really oxidization, or is it clear coat failure?

Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

when it comes to paint I'm dumb but it looks like its spider webby, rough to the touch and spreading each year.

I use a power buffer about once a year with 3m machine glaze gently, which smooths out the area to the touch, then wax every 3 months since tx has tree sap fungus terribly, seems as if the paint dried out an cracked. It's original paint & cc though.

I don't wanna have it painted unless I can sand & prep it myself then have the top professionally done. Wraps seem to be the quick fix for life though

Old 12-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

Seeing as this is the off topic thread.

I would like to send my thoughts and prayers out to those involved with the Sandy Hook Elementary School...

Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by TejasMtnBiker
when it comes to paint I'm dumb but it looks like its spider webby, rough to the touch and spreading each year.

I use a power buffer about once a year with 3m machine glaze gently, which smooths out the area to the touch, then wax every 3 months since tx has tree sap fungus terribly, seems as if the paint dried out an cracked. It's original paint & cc though.

I don't wanna have it painted unless I can sand & prep it myself then have the top professionally done. Wraps seem to be the quick fix for life though
Sounds like it might be clearcoat failure? A picture would tell for sure...

Originally Posted by Moparkyle
Seeing as this is the off topic thread.

I would like to send my thoughts and prayers out to those involved with the Sandy Hook Elementary School...
+1! Such a tragic event!

Let us remember though too: this is the off-topic thread, but let's keep the discussion on track and not start any political wars. They go South 99% of the time and usually end with people on "vacation" from the forum.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

Yeah man,

I just can't seem to wrap my head around this whole event.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

I'll get some photos in the morning....

yea that event is so messed up, I just can't believe schools don't have metal detectors that when triggered lock the door being accessed not allowing anyone in, blows my mind how cheap independent school districts are these days about security for innocent kids. School in my area have this lock down thing when a metal detector goes off, and it's not even a bad part of town.

Just sad how we live in such a cold, cold world still

Old 12-14-2012, 07:15 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I wouldn't call not having metal detectors and guards at schools being "cheap," as those things are far from it! Plus, this whole "lockdown room" presents two big issues: 1. being unlawfully detained (and an aspect that won't be discussed here; it is, or most definitely will become, that political debate I spoke of) and 2. the cost of having bullet-proof windows and doors and supporting hardware/software on top of the guards and metal detectors. It's just not practical. The cost alone is prohibitive enough! There isn't even that type of security system set-up at highly important government buildings...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Neon Off-Topic Thread