DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Neon (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-neon-78/)
-   -   Play nice everyone! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-neon/344608-play-nice-everyone.html)

darthroush 12-22-2012 03:23 AM

Play nice everyone!

I'll try to pop in when I can the next few days, but I was just in a car accident a little bit ago so I need to relax and figure everything out. I was driving home slow because it is wet and slick on the roads due to rain and pine needles. I was only going 25 MPH but I started sliding on the pine needles while attempting to brake for the turn. I lost all traction and slid straight into the side of the mountain. Both my 19 month old daughter and myself are fine less my neck being a little stiff. I managed to rock the car out of the ditch, otherwise we'd have been stranded on the side of the mountain on the narrow road in the dark and rain. Not too sure if the car will live to see another day though...

As mad, frustrated, upset and &$#@&! as I am about the car, I do have to be thankful that neither of us were hurt and ultimately the car did it's job and kept us safe. Take care and have a Merry Christmas everyone! Stay safe out there on the roads and play nice here on the forum! :p It'll be hit or miss when I get on, but others will be watching while I'm "away."

KRZY.BMET 12-22-2012 07:05 AM

Take care of yours buddy. I will stop in here more frequently and keep tabs on your section. Stay safe and have a Merry Christmas.

darthroush 12-22-2012 05:48 PM

Thanks KRZY! They are all good guys here, so you shouldn't have a problem!

buddhaman 12-22-2012 07:15 PM

Glad you and the little one are ok. At least it wasn't the 'Stang. Have a Merry Christmas and get feeling better!

Moparkyle 12-23-2012 12:37 AM

Dang man not the Neon :(...

But it's good to hear you are okay. My Neon has taken 1 or 2 ditch rides as well.

cheapez 12-23-2012 05:20 PM

Not too worry, man. You will be back soon.
I got fishtailed last year. Cost a lot to fixed my car. I felt really bad about it.
This year I drive with extra cautious.
These things never happened to some people so, they drive fast.
They will soon learn their lessons.
Let us know if you still drive your Dodge neon.

TaterTodd 12-24-2012 03:47 PM

I know the feeling about the accident. Back in early October my 4 month old was in the neon when I was involved in one. I'm glad to hear that your little one came out of it unharmed. Take care, Merry Christmas and have a good New Years ... Tax returns are coming up, possibly a new neon will be following ... SRT maybe????

darthroush 12-24-2012 03:51 PM

I keep thinking back to when it happened and keep going "what if I did this...or that..." It happened so quick I'm not sure if any of those things I "could have done" would have even helped, if not made it worse. At least I didn't go across the narrow road...and down the side of the mountain. No one would have ever see the car, therefore us, and there is zero cell service anywhere.

I keep thinking about what car I may end up getting if the Neon can't be repaired. If the price on an SRT 4 is right...

Moparkyle 12-24-2012 06:52 PM

I've seen some SRTs go for 6k, but the quality of the vehicle may be questionable.

I think you'll be spending around 10k to get a nice SRT.

I wouldn't kick yourself in the ass over it really, can't dwell on the past but you can learn from it.

darthroush 12-25-2012 03:14 AM

I'm over it. It could have been worse, and in the end, it's replaceable. There's an SRT4 nearby (looks brand new) with 125K for $8K.