2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 neon sxt making weird noises

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 PM
dabestneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 neon sxt making weird noises

My 2005 neon sxt is making weird noises coming from the side where the power steering pump is, but I have been told its the tensioner pulley, it sounds like static like what you hear on the radio changing stations. Has anybody else have had this problem? and when I change the belt, what else would I have to change? Has anybody changed their fuel injectors, and was it hard? I know it might seem alot Im asking but this car needs a tune-up bad and Im getting ready to change the spark plugs and the wires, should I change the distributor also?

Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM
sbhawaiian
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lot of noises coming from my 2000. The pulley has a bearing and it will go out in time. In the same area there is the water pump, power steering pump, ac compressor, and alternator. They can all make noise. You might try using a long screw driver and put the tip near the bearing of each component. Put your ear on the handle and listen to how loud the noise is. Is there one that is louder than the others. BE VERY CAREFUL SINCE THE CAR WILL BE RUNNING.

Quick Reply: 2005 neon sxt making weird noises