2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 dodge neon Sxt

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:12 PM
Madddriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 dodge neon Sxt

Car won't start and when I do attempt to start the car it won't cranks but flashes , fuse..

Old 04-03-2017, 02:40 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the 2nd Gen Neon forum.
Have you scanned for trouble code clues? If so, post all code Numbers, as they can help focus a trouble shoot.
What is flashing, is it the Theft light?
Have you been having no crank, or no start problems? If so, did they come about slowly over time, or suddenly after some event.
With a few more inputs, the forum will likely be able to offer a more focused answer.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Madddriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 dodge neon

Engine 0p0300 and 0p700...Codes..And when I try to start the car it flashes fuse where the odometer is .. sometimes it cranks and start but when it to..I have to pump the gas to get it to start

Old 04-04-2017, 03:42 PM
paw paw
Captain

Ok, the P0300 & P0700 are general random caused fault codes. You can read descriptions of what they could mean, here. http://www.obd-codes.com/p0300 & here http://www.obd-codes.com/p05-codes. If any of those descriptions look like symptom clues of a problem you've been having, post them up.

Again, has this problem come about slowly over time, or suddenly after some event?

The flashing "fuse" wording is likely a clue, so maybe a member more familiar with the later model Neon dash & electronics will chime in & enlighten us.

In the meantime check the under hood power distribution fuse/power relay box fuses & power relays for contact corrosion, loose fit, ect.

Try starting it in "N" instead of "P" & let us know what you find.

No need to pump, or hold the accelerator open to start a fuel injected vehicle, as the computer is in control of starting. If we pump the gas pedal when cranking, it can mess with the computers mind about what is going on with the TPS = Throttle Position Sensor.
If we hold the throttle wide open while cranking the engine, the computer thinks we are trying to clear a flooded engine, so will shut the fuel injectors Off, for example.

If you have, or can come by a ELM scan tool, running diagnostic software on the viewing device of your choice, have it scan the vehicle computer/controllers for trouble code clues & post All code number clues it finds & let us know how your trouble shoot goes.

The ELM can perform a more in depth scan for code clues, as it can access all of the vehicle computer/controllers for codes & can monitor & display live PID feeds to our viewing device as the engine runs, so we can see what's going on in real time.

More thoughts for consideration, let us know what you find.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:01 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd start by checking the engine grounds for corrosion/looseness.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:57 AM
paw paw
Captain

Originally Posted by Madddriver
Engine 0p0300 and 0p700...Codes..And when I try to start the car it flashes fuse where the odometer is .. sometimes it cranks and start but when it to..I have to pump the gas to get it to start
Well Madddriver, how's the trouble shoot going, curious minds would like to know?