2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 Neon won’t start

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 03:01 PM
RevGlenn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Neon won’t start

2003 Dodge Neon. My daughter has been driving this car on a daily basis with no problems. Yesterday she drove home from work (38 miles) , let the car sit for about an hour, then jumped in to head to a friends house. She drove less than a mile and the car went into limp mode, and I was able to driveit home in limp mode. This morning I headed out with the intention of checking error codes and pulling the speed sensors to check continuity to see if one may have bad. Unfortunately, the car would start so I could pull it into the garage. I did scan the codes on the only one that came up was P0441 which shouldn’t have any bearing to the issue at hand. To give some background, we have problems last year with first a leaking heater core to a bad head gasket. In diagnosing the head gasket, I replaced the radiator, hoses, thermostat, cap, fans, water pump, timing belt, tensioner pulley, not to mention the gaskets and seals for the plug casings and the valve cover. I also replaced the plugs and wires. Now I’m scratching my head.

Quick Reply: 2003 Neon won’t start