2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Blower motor fuse blows immediately - 2005 Neon

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 11:14 AM
brucemc777
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blew through some air several days ago through the firewall.

Got some 3/8" OD clear tubing from Home Depot for about $6.00, removed the small tube from the firewall nipple and snaked the clear tubing in as far as it would go, maybe a foot or two. Fairly certain it was either coiling or extending into a vent area. Using high-grade hose reducers (duck tape) i connected the other end of the clear tubing to a vacuum and turned the vacuum on. Slowly retracted the clear tubing out of the car betting on if there was any water remaining in there which was reasonably accessible, the end of the tubing would come into contact with the water and i would see it being sucked through. Came out dry.

Sucked any debris out from the opening where the fan goes, then put in a new fan, replaced the fuse, all is working as it should-

I guess the blower motor is not designed to operate under water...

Thank-you!

Old 06-27-2019, 11:42 AM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Good find, fix, feedback & to hear all now seems well with the new blower motor install & the Wife is cool again. Bet she'll notice the air smells fresher with the air box cleaning out & Lysol spray deodorizing treatment it got. Nice job taking the time to tidy everything up.

The following users liked this post:
brucemc777 (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 11:44 AM
brucemc777
Rookie

Wouldn't have caught the details without your help, THANKS!

Old 06-27-2019, 11:58 AM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

You did all the hard work & followed through, so now its the Wife's turn to give you a Big Attaboy & fix your favorite dish. If she needs prodding, tell her I recommended her giving you an Attaboy too, because you really turned-to on this job & did good!!!!

My Wife's 2000 Neon AC is also down, AC clutch just suddenly stopped engaging without warning, was cooling fine, no unusual sounds, so I too am in the middle of a Neon AC system trouble shoot!!!! She's taken over my truck as its AC works, so I gotta get the Neon AC fixed without further delay, so I can have my danged truck back!!!

Old 06-27-2019, 12:03 PM
brucemc777
Rookie

Was the same situation here; she commandeered my SUV while her A/C was out. Chivalry is not dead, though i am not all that sure i had a choice in the matter-

Quick Reply: Blower motor fuse blows immediately - 2005 Neon