2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 dodge neon vacuum hose not connected.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:25 PM
Alex Story
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 dodge neon vacuum hose not connected. (new member)

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so forgive me if this is the wrong board for this. I recently bought a 2005 dodge neon and I noticed that a vacuum hose is not connected. This is the one I am speaking of. Not sure what it goes to. I would be very grateful if anyone could help me find out what it is and where it goes.
I have also had an issue with the key getting stuck in the ignition. But if I just shift down into first gear and back down into park, it will come right out. Recently that stopped working and I had to remove the console and take the shifter apart and re attach a wire to a plastic latch attached to the shifter. Any way sorry to just come here and ask for advice. I can't afford to go to a mechanic any time soon. This is the thing I had to reattach

Last edited by Alex Story; 07-21-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:21 AM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the Second Generation Neon forum.

I see you have 161 reads & no replies yet, so I'll see if I can get things started.

We have access to the FSM = Factory Service Manual,2rd down Parts "sticky". Open it & scroll down to the #2 post of moderator darthroush & look for the Red year range that covers your year model vehicle & click on it to open the FSM for review of the system pictorials you have interest in.

I'm not clear which vacuum line your asking about in the photo, so maybe reviewing the FSM will help with the vacuum line question & tranny shifter questions.

Some beginning thoughts for consideration, let us know how it goes.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:29 AM
paw paw
Captain

Is it the small diameter black line that seems to be broken off at the White bottle???

Old 08-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Alex Story
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it's the hose hanging off the black cylinder by the coolant resivour. I do not see it in any vacuum hose diagrams

Old 08-13-2019, 06:19 PM
paw paw
Captain

Your 05 plumbing is a bit different than our 2000 model, so maybe a member reading this that has an 05 will have a look at their engine compartment with like plumbing & enlighten us on where that vacuum line on theirs goes.
Until you get it put right I'd plug the open line so it doesn't corrupt fuel trim & cause other woes.

EDIT: Forgot to suggest scanning for & posting All trouble code Numbers, as they can often help focus a trouble shoot.
Not much vacuum operated, Heater/AC plumbing controls & vapor recovery system components, so its possibly a line to something in one of those systems
Look around the upper radiator support for a vacuum line pictorial decal.

Last edited by paw paw; 08-13-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 2005 dodge neon vacuum hose not connected.