2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

what i heard about the jet stage 2 chip...just to be considered i guess..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Customlimitz863
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what i heard about the jet stage 2 chip...just to be considered i guess..

hey just gave me the printouts...so here it is...right after this commercial break...

The Jet chip is a waste. All 3 runs were nearly identical...within 1-2hp of each other across the board.

Run 1 was with the chip and max hp was 119.2
Run 2 no chip max hp as 118.85
Run 3 chip and reset computer max hp 119.15

A/F ratio is the same across the board...very subtle changes. My car starts at 15 @ 3000rpm in 4th and then goes up to 18 @4K and then drop to 16 @ 5000rpm and holds there to cut out

So my car had 119 hp, 127ft lbs ot torque and avg. a/f r of 16

Now i have to see if I can get my $$$ back from Howell or Jet.

ANy contributions to the "sorry dude" fund can be paypaled to grzyruth@cableone.net

Good news is that resetting the comp. didn't do anything so hopefully that helps dispell the NGC myth.

What does a stock SXT run at the wheels anyway?

Thanks

03 SXT (mtx) Vibrant muffler, AEM CAI, MPx UDP, Hurst STS, boogers, and prothane street MM, 119 WHP and 127 ft lbs torque on mustang chasis dyno

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:42 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called Howell and they said sorry we are just the distributor...

I called Jet and they said you can ship it to us and we can check the chip out or send you a new one but we can't give you your money back cause you didn't buy it from us.

WHen I said the dyno had no change they said that when I took the chip out, it still had the program in it and that I had to take the chip out and drive it for 100-150 miles and then go back to the dyno and I would see less power.

I told him I reset the computer and he said unless you have a Chrysler reflashing tool you can;t just reset the comp by pulling the neg. battery terminal. I don;t know much about anything but I know I am not going to blow more $$ proving this chip does not work. If anybody else wants to buy a slightly used chip and try to prove that it does work...just let me know.

119 WHP on an MTX with CAI, UDP, exhaust, and chip doesn't seem too impressive.

Jet said they had 109 WHP on their atx neon before the chip and 121 after....so they are saying a stock atx gets more out of the chip than my mtx with the other upgrades....I am waggin the coohockey flag so hard I dislocated my shoulder!

03 SXT (mtx) Vibrant muffler, AEM CAI, MPx UDP, Hurst STS, boogers, and prothane street MM, 119 WHP and 127 ft lbs torque on mustang chasis dyno

Old 02-26-2006, 04:09 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default RE: what i heard about the jet stage 2 chip...just to be considered i guess..

Weak. What a surprise. The car should have dyno'ed that high without the chip, so yeah, I would agree it was worthless. Screw that chip....boost is where its at.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:25 AM
BDM
Veteran
Default RE: what i heard about the jet stage 2 chip...just to be considered i guess..

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

Weak. What a surprise. The car should have dyno'ed that high without the chip, so yeah, I would agree it was worthless. Screw that chip....boost is where its at.
heh, hella yeah man

But wow that really sucks, I'm really glad I went with the throttle body instead. Hopefully you get your money back someway or another...

Brian

Old 03-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Somethingdirty
Professional

Damnit! What will we do about our lovable PCM.
Thank you for finding out the truth about that chip by the way.
If it makes you feel any better you saved me money! J/K

Old 03-01-2006, 01:58 PM
GroundControl
Veteran

That sucks. hope you get your money back.. and like (somethingdirty) said you saved me money also...i was thinking on gettin in a while ago.

Quick Reply: what i heard about the jet stage 2 chip...just to be considered i guess..