DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Neon (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-neon-78/)
-   -   2000 Neon Alarm factory alarm (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-neon/56820-2000-neon-alarm-factory-alarm.html)

weeknders 04-25-2006 06:37 PM

2000 Neon Alarm factory alarm

The alarm system for my 2000 dodge neon goes off for aparently no reason at all. I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was and how to fix it.

NonToxic 04-25-2006 06:47 PM

RE: 2000 Neon Alarm factory alarm

i had a question regarding my alarm to so ill put it in this post...

i bought a new alarm system and it comes with a remote entry but i did not hook up the alarm system and i wondering if i could take the remote that came with the alarm and hook it up to work with my stock alarm system?

SoCalNeon 05-02-2006 04:40 AM

I had the same problem w/ my '00 Neon. What I used to do was open the compartment that's between the dash and the door and disconnect the alarm when I didn't have to start up the car(because the alarm is tide to the ignition) eventually i messed with it enough it fixed itself, but i took it some hole in the wall alarm and stereo shop and showed them that connection and they took care of the rest. Just make sure you show them that connection so they know it's needed to start the car.

Falco19 05-24-2006 01:51 PM

I'm working on a friends 2000 neon with the same problem. Dodge technical service bullitin #08-012-03 covers this issue, however the dealer wants about $150 to replace the factory module and reprogram it. I am looking to see if there is a way to disarm the thing and still be able to start the car and work the accessories. Any info will be appreciated.

gtownskaterpunk 02-26-2007 07:48 PM

I had a problem with my 2000 Neon alarm going off due to a faulty door switch on the driver's door. The wind would blow just right or something and the door switch would trigger the alarm as though someone had opened the door. You can check for this by wiggling the doors with the car off and watching for the odometer display to turn on. If that's the problem, it's less than $10 for the part. I'd check that before paying big bucks to fix the module.

neon chic 02-27-2007 04:55 AM

stupid question but how do u turn it off when it goes off? i have to fight with the car forever to get it turned off

bazthespazz 12-26-2017 02:49 PM

I'm having the same problem with my 2001 Neon ES and I know it's not the battery in the remote because I just replaced it. I tried replacing the keyless entry/alarm brain under the dash and that didn't fix it either. I finally had to pull the 5 amp fuse to kill the alarm but it also kills the power locks so I'm looking for answers too if anybody has any suggestions.

paw paw 12-29-2017 12:04 PM

Use the inexpensive but powerful ELM, or the like scan tool that plugs into the in cabin DLC = Diagnostic Link Connector & running diagnostic software on the viewing device of your choice that says it's able to read Dodge body codes, have it scan all of the vehicle computer/controllers for trouble code clues & post up All code numbers, as they can help focus a trouble shoot.
As mentioned above in post #4 there is a TSB out for the alarm module that has an internal defect, but it could be a faulty door, or hood sensor, or the like, so we generally need some trouble code clues to help focus a alarm trouble shoot.

bazthespazz 09-28-2018 11:39 AM

Well mine seems to be working now but it has another issue, it doesn't work when it's cold. I can open it with the key to disarm the alarm and by the time I get to work, a drive of about 4 miles, it seems to work just fine. I took it to the dealer and it did not throw an error code so I don't know what to do next. I'm getting ready to hand it down to my daughter and I'd like to get it fixed before I do.