2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Introduce Yourself Here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 AM
MelMckay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Intro

Just recently took over driving my wife's 2005 Dodge Neon SXT. Previous car was a 2005 Chrysler 300C. It got up to 250,000 miles, so it was time to retire it.

This is a big change however from the Hemi. haha

Just looking for ideas to fix it up and make it a little more stylish. It is just plain orange, and a lot of orange! haha

Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
mkmendiola
Default 2002 Neon R/T

My name is Keith, I live in Eugene, Oregon. Married and one kid. Recently bought an 2002 R/T and really impressed with it so here I am trying to learn as much as I can from everyone from this form so I don't break my new used toy.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:00 PM
XxDaSnipaManxX

Hey guys I just joined the forum im 18 from VA and have a 2002 dodge neon sxt I will post some pics later but just wanted to know what you guys think I should add on step by step. For now im buying sport springs and shocks to help with the body roll and cold air intake with a pulley kit.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:59 PM
RandallMueller
Default 2004 sxt

name is Randall, inherited this car because daughter didnt want it.. she is currently using my 2001 ranger.. I'm in my 50's.. I'd rather have a corvette for midlife crisis, but, I like this car. Current engine has 113,000, car has 204,000..

So far, I had to do both control arms. One tie rod. Did oil and plugs. Sending unit. It looks to have bad upper mount issue. I'm also hearing popping noise which may be struts.

But, I'm supprised with its perrformance. I am looking for a spoiler though.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:10 AM
rudy.webb
Default New Member

Greets everyone. I joined the forum here recently. I just bought a 2000 Neon from a family friend and got a decent deal on it. As with my past few vehicles, I invest time in doing research, so it was only natural for me to join a forum for my new car. I like to do things right the first time and I find it more rewarding when I do the work myself, plus saving money is always great. I know nothing about the last owner, but I guess they had the Neon towed for whatever reason and never paid all the fees, so they lost the car and I bought it for a discounted price of the debt. The car has a few cosmetic issues and I have no idea how the rocker panel and door got smashed in. Well, I hope to get to know more members here and maybe share some cool stories.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
fiieeldy
Talking

25 Yrs old.

2005 neon sxt.

I got banned from neons . org for saying my neon was a 2006 instead of 05.

Lames on that forum I swear.....
my neon has a front and rear kit. CAI, 4 tip botch spark plugs, new plug wires, battery, tires the works. I'll get pics soon.

Oh & $700 sound system that thumps at 1ohm. (safely) cuz I got it

like that.

I like to spend money so wat lol

Old 06-29-2013, 11:07 AM
jarred.burns
Default New to the website!

Hello, my name is Jarred and I have a 2004 Neon SXT. I'm 27 yrs old and I live in Riverview, Fl.

I bought my Neon a while ago but just discovered this site. I don't know why it took so long!

But I have some problems with it so I'll be on often for help probably!

Anyone else from Florida?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Jordanw6
Cool Here's why I'm here...

I'm Jordan, and this is my 2000 Dodge Neon!

I'm hoping to squeeze out a few more horse power just because I don't want a "stock neon". I've already tried to tweak the exterior to my liking as you can see. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2013, 03:13 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome! The Neon looks good! That was the color of my first Neon...I really like it.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:16 AM
JustinPerkins
Default boosted sohc 2.0l 420a

hey im justin 21 from beaufort sc i have a 2g 2001 dodge neon boosted to much to exlain on whats done and whats all in the build visit my profile and see for yourself by all means ask a questin pleae ill answer... i have attached some pic for your interet yes i know it looks like a beater dont hate

Attached Thumbnails  Introduce Yourself Here!-ju1.jpg    Introduce Yourself Here!-ju3.jpg    Introduce Yourself Here!-ju5.jpg    Introduce Yourself Here!-ju4.jpg    Introduce Yourself Here!-ju2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself Here!