2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

headlights

Old 01-01-2007, 08:40 PM
CAULFINATOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights

Just got new blacked out headlights, what is the right way to aim them.

Thnx

Old 01-01-2007, 09:15 PM
04 mo neon
All Star
Default RE: headlights

Ummmm.... not sure what you're asking but once you put them it you shouldn't have to do any adjusting. Their is an adjuster on the headlight assembly, what you do is just turn them on faced at a garage or wall and do the adjusting untill their both at the same level.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
moobit
Professional

I need to do that too, my headlights somehow are not pointing the same direction.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:52 PM
CAULFINATOR

no i alreadyput them in but i was wonder what the specs where as far as how high they should be above the ground at a certain distance

Old 01-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nah there isnt any "set" direction...... but you should be able to see whats going on in front of you... so dont point em too high or too low...

Old 01-03-2007, 02:03 AM
CAULFINATOR

thanx

Old 01-03-2007, 11:49 AM
stuff03
Professional

just type in "do it yourself headlight aiming" on any search engine, you will find the directions to do it that way, its pretty effective and easy to do. And most important its free.

---basically what you do is.... drive up to any building or garage door or something that you can back away from the building at least 25 feet from on a level surface.

---Get as close as you can to the building, literally like and inch inbetween your bumper and the building.

---Take masking tape and mark an x on both the centers of the strongest point of each headlight.

---Now take and tape a straight line from one x to the other, but make the line level no matter where your strong points are in relation to each other.

---Now back your car STRAIGHT BACK about 25 feet.

---Your strong points should now be in completly different spots than the x's you marked if your headlights are off.

---Adjust your headlights so that the strong point on each light is about two inches to the right of each x, and about 2 inches below the level line.

---This should give you a good start, take it for a spin and if you dont like it, readjust.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:07 AM
o2bfishn

it would depend on the state you live in as well. some states dont require a car inspection but most do and they usually check the headlights for proper aim. i have a haynes manual that tells you how to do it, but what stuff03 said is basically the same.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: headlights