LMC headlight harness install

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:31 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMC headlight harness install

Quick diy using the LMC #55-9505. This kit is used for the single headlamp assemblies. It will be the same process somewhat for the dual, but that uses another extra harness.

This harness had both a relay for the high and low beams. It draws power from the switch to activate the relays, and then draws straight from the battery for the headlights. No more melted switches.

Materials needed:
- 1 LMC 55-9505
-2 16-22 awg male spade connectors
-2 Female spade connectors(guage size depending on what gauge your fuse holders are)
-2 crimp loop connectors
-2 fuse holders
-2 20amp fuses(mine used the ato sizes)
-2 10-12 awg crimp and seal connectors
- Some 10 or 12 guage wire
- wire conduit
- zip ties
- 2 screws for mounting the relays

Tools:
-wire strippers
-dikes
-flathead screwdriver
-sockets and ratchets

1: Take your harness and disconnect the part that bolts to the battery. Cut off the ends and strip them, and then add the 2 16-22 awg male connectors. Next, strip the ends of your fuse holders, and add the loop connectors and your female spade connectors. The connect your battery harness to your spade connectors. We need to add the fuses as the LMC harness doesn't have them.
Attachment 28195
Attachment 28196

2: Now remove the fuses and put both the loop connectors on the post in the PDC that comes off of the alternator.
Attachment 28197

3: now lay out your larger harness, with the relays and 2 connectors on the driver side area, next to the headlight. Rout the longer skinnier portion of the harness over the top front of the fan shroud, and unplug the factory headlight harness, and plug in the new one. Rout your ground wire down to the ground point next to the little black box, just below the headlight.
Attachment 28198
Attachment 28199

4. Next I undid the driver headlight harness, and plugged in the factory connector to the female connector on the new harness, and then plugged in the headlight. I took a few inch length of some 10 guage wire I had lying around, and extended the ground wire so I could reach up to the fender, where the battery hounds to the fender.
Attachment 28200
Attachment 28201

5. Now I mounted the relays. I drilled 2 holes in the battery box, and screwed the relays in the side, upside down. I put them upside down because that's how the harness wanted to settle.
Attachment 28202
Attachment 28203

6. Now I ran the part of the harness that connects to the batter behind the battery, by the hood release cable, annd then around to the PDC. I put some conduit on come of the exposed wire. It comes out of the PDC and routs around the back in the picture, hard to tell.
Attachment 28204

7. Now I put some conduit on the harness that goes over the top of the fan shroud, and then drilled holes through the fan shroud on where there are spaces for zip ties through the top of the rad core.
Attachment 28205
Attachment 28206
Attachment 28207

8. Finish by putting zip ties, conduit and black tape where needed, and then plug the Small connector between the battery harness and headlight harness in, and put your two 20amp fuses in. *NOTE the factory system uses a 15 amp fuse for the headlights, I would not put in anything over 20 amp, UNLESS you are running a set of HIDs or LEDs or anything other than the factory halogens that require more power.

They work!
Attachment 28208

Attached Thumbnails LMC headlight harness install-img_3716.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3717.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3718.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3719.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3720.jpg  

LMC headlight harness install-img_3722.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3724.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3725.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3727.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3726.jpg  

LMC headlight harness install-img_3728.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3729.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3730.jpg   LMC headlight harness install-img_3731.jpg  

Quick Reply: LMC headlight harness install