2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
You might be able to find a truck that either has power seats or used to have power seats and they left the controller and wire harnesses.
Ive got the wiring under my seat, just nothing in the fuse boxes or anywhere else. Def is doable tho, may be my next project!

Old 06-10-2013, 05:49 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Ive got the wiring under my seat, just nothing in the fuse boxes or anywhere else. Def is doable tho, may be my next project!
Strange. Granted, I have power seats myself, but I wouldn't think Dodge would put something in the truck that didn't need to be there.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Strange. Granted, I have power seats myself, but I wouldn't think Dodge would put something in the truck that didn't need to be there.
I would assume thats what its there for, cant see it being anything else. Weird cause the build sheet doesnt say anything either. Hmm guess tmo's project will be getting to the bottom of this and figuring what this wiring is for. If anyone has any ideas do chime in!

Old 06-10-2013, 06:07 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I would assume thats what its there for, cant see it being anything else. Weird cause the build sheet doesnt say anything either. Hmm guess tmo's project will be getting to the bottom of this and figuring what this wiring is for. If anyone has any ideas do chime in!
Seat belt and weight sensor?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Seat belt and weight sensor?
Theres an open end with a connector on it with nothing plugged in :shrug:

Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

@Dodge Dude- thats exactly what it was for. Was taking a peek and saw the other connector so plugged it in, sat down and started it up and away that stupid buzzer went. Ill just leave that one unplugged for now

Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

@Dodge Dude- thats exactly what it was for. Was taking a peek and saw the other connector so plugged it in, sat down and started it up and away that stupid buzzer went. Ill just leave that one unplugged for now
Just out of curiousity, does your seat belt light stay off when it's unplugged? Because my seat weight sensor and belt light have never worked since I've had the truck.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The blower motor is between the box and firewall?????

This is why automotive engineers are in danger of being beaten to a pulp by mechanics....
yeah, that second pic is of the box from a top view with the top of the box removed...the top of the box is held on by at least a dozen screws that attach to both top and bottom of the box.

Originally Posted by stewie01
^^ I watched a video from a dealership fixing a broken HVAC box on a Grand Cherokee I think, they had to remove the entire dash too...
doesn't surprise me... a durango of the same year series has the same dash and hvac box as this dakota...

It's a nice little truck, and that little 4.7L V8 has some *****. gets up and scoots pretty quick. doesn't take a big 360 to make a light little dakota scoot like a hemi, but little things like this would make me cringe because I recently had to replace my blower motor in my ram...

and if my ram was a dakota... pull the whole f'ing dash for a fan blower?! hell no lol.

this is why I love my ram and 87 S10. both are simple jobs...S-10 is even easier yet because the fan is on the firewall under the hood...so you don't have to lay on the floor hanging 1/2 way out the door do get under the dash to replace it lol...but at least its just 3 screws and one wiring plug and its out... and being an inline 4, plenty of room to get to it!

inline motors FTW!

Old 06-10-2013, 07:18 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

My 76 has the same setup as your S10, but with a big block.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Jigabop
Champion

meh...gas guzzler.

The S10 is just my backup vehicle, or truck I drive when I am going somewhere that has a parking garage...

dodge does not exactly fit in underground parking garages...

I love that little truck though the truck is so basic and simple to work on. parts are very easy to come by and most places stock parts for them because their own delivery vehicles are either an S10 or a ranger. hell most parts are interchangeable throughout the model years too. example: when I blew an axle seal and the bearing and shaft wore out on it, I picked up a rear axle off of craigslist for $300 that came out of a 98 blazer that had posi and rear disc brakes...direct bolt in other than the ebrake cable so I have no ebrake till I get the cable from one of those blazers or short bed S10s.. meh big deal...I just park it in gear.

also the rear axle is just slightly wider, but the spring locations were the same, so the rear end has a slightly wider stance and the tires just barely stick out of the fenders they are really gonna stick out if I ever decide to build that thing with a 383 stroker, t-56 grind box and some DOT drag radials

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?