2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i tried supertech motor oil and my engine would make a lot more noise that got anoying. switched back to Valvoline pretty quick. i would guess the quality of there transmission fluid is not much better.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 PM
joshpalmer27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
How's the installation going on yours?

I have a Hunter Brush Guard, it took some drilling to get the mounting brackets to bolt to the frame....
No issues with mounting the brackets. We took off two bolts, lined up the bracket with the holes and slid in the longer screw and put the two bolts back on without any issues. That's weird that you have to drill into the actual frame to mount the bracket.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:50 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i tried supertech motor oil and my engine would make a lot more noise that got anoying. switched back to Valvoline pretty quick. i would guess the quality of there transmission fluid is not much better.
Pennzoil in the engine. SuperTech in the trans from the last service. Not a problem.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:31 PM
PrestonEidsmoe
Professional

Got new tires installed. I forgot what it was like to buy new tires for a truck. Let alone 6 wheels. Just about swallowed my tong and then, he added the tax. Dammit!

Old 06-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Come on down! At least you won't be a Damn-Yankee.

+1 to that. I stay away from that hell-hole as much as possible.
I should prob add ive been saying that for a few years now lol.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:53 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Johnn123
I should prob add ive been saying that for a few years now lol.
My grandparents did that too. Moved down in 72.

If you're going to do it, the hardest part is finding a job, really. Unless you have a skill that is needed badly.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:12 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Secured my catch can earlier:

Camera turned this one for some reason...
This is how it slides out, push it down a tad and it's snug.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

My grandparents did that too. Moved down in 72.

If you're going to do it, the hardest part is finding a job, really. Unless you have a skill that is needed badly.
Secured my catch can earlier:

Camera turned this one for some reason...
This is how it slides out, push it down a tad and it's snug.
Many people here dream here about moving to Alberta. I was supposed to earlier in the year but unfortuneately it never panned out. Prob for the best tho, id rather move somewhere south after thinking about it. And thats the exact clamp i was talking about earlier!!!! worked perfect i see! Where did ya get that canister?

Also I had to yell at it again. Battery crapped out -.-

Old 06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Many people here dream here about moving to Alberta. I was supposed to earlier in the year but unfortuneately it never panned out. Prob for the best tho, id rather move somewhere south after thinking about it. And thats the exact clamp i was talking about earlier!!!! worked perfect i see! Where did ya get that canister?
You still got cold weather in Alberta, right? That ain't good when you get old, that's one of the reasons old people move to Florida. Winter is like 65-70*. lol

It is? lol Wasn't sure. It's an 2in electrical clamp. Worked great, I'm glad the screws did their job as they are supposed to be for wood IIRC. The can, clamp, and screws came from Lowes. Can was $20 + tax. Sourced the fittings from NorthernTool and the hose came from O'reillys.

It's a 3/8in NPT "filter" with the filter stone removed and copper scrubber put in it's place. Haven't done any highway since I finally epoxied the bottom fitting, but it seems to be holding.

As for your battery, get an Interstate MT 87. That's what I've got, never have ran it down always cranks the first time.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

You still got cold weather in Alberta, right? That ain't good when you get old, that's one of the reasons old people move to Florida. Winter is like 65-70*. lol

It is? lol Wasn't sure. It's an 2in electrical clamp. Worked great, I'm glad the screws did their job as they are supposed to be for wood IIRC. The can, clamp, and screws came from Lowes. Can was $20 + tax. Sourced the fittings from NorthernTool and the hose came from O'reillys.

It's a 3/8in NPT "filter" with the filter stone removed and copper scrubber put in it's place. Haven't done any highway since I finally epoxied the bottom fitting, but it seems to be holding.

As for your battery, get an Interstate MT 87. That's what I've got, never have ran it down always cranks the first time.
Its colder then Ontario where I live LOL. Yea, that was the one I meant though Im never usually good at explaining what I mean lol. And alright thank you, no Lowes around here though Ill have to go cruise Home Depot then and see what I can find.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?