2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
Are they worth the money? I'll have headers and high flow cat sometime here and i already have the SCT tuner.
Yes, dyno shows 10hp and 10ft/lbs. And I believe that was rear wheel numbers. For the 300 bucks, it don't get much better than that.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:14 PM
catballou5477
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need so help My 95 dodge Ram 1500 5.9 gas 4x4 is not charging my battery ! I went to a re builder that rebuilds Alternator & Starters only brought a new rebuild Alternator ! Install it and it was over charging the Battery like the Voltage Regulator was stuck open ! I took the new alternator off and reinstall it after hearing what the Re builder told me now its not charging at again ! I ask the Re builder and He told me the Voltage Reg is built inside the Black Computer Box that's Bolted to the Fire Wall and he said you need to replace the Computer ! I would Like to Know for Fact ! ( IS THIS True ? ) He been Rebuilding Starters and Alternators for 15 years !

Old 06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is true. But there is a workaround for it. Do a search on this forum for voltage regulator and you should find all the info you need.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Don't move to Texas.....
Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Come on down! At least you won't be a Damn-Yankee.

+1 to that. I stay away from that hell-hole as much as possible.

Lived around and worked in Dallas. Not bad, but terribly busy and traffic is bad. NOT a hell hole, though. Austin is freat. Always something going on (car shows, rallies, live music, etc) Something for everyone!

Most of that $60 is just the filter IIRC.
Originally Posted by stewie01
Fluid.

Gasket/filter kits are usually less than $20.

Fluid is the most expensive part, and cheap fluid is NOT a good investment.

I would like to know how these 1.7 HS rockers would benefit me. I wanna get them here soon but how much power will i notice?
My plenum is getting fixed here in the next few weeks hopefully. Been workin my a** off the past few weeks.
I have a box full of parts waiting to be put in.
The HS 1.7s act like a mild cam. It's exaggerated on the 318 though.
Exaggerated? How so? Personal experience? My experience reflects otherwise. Good investment in my opinion and make my 318 run better!

Are they worth the money? I'll have headers and high flow cat sometime here and i already have the SCT tuner.
I have seen the numbers, but no dyno on mine. I can feel the difference and was not disappointed with the cost.

Has this thread gotten a little on the "gibberish" side while I have been gone?

Old 06-20-2013, 02:44 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Well you have been gone awhile

Didn't do anything to the Ram...

Old 06-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a new battery in it to replace my old factory battery, then took it for a spin up and down my street.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:05 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by gdstock
Lived around and worked in Dallas. Not bad, but terribly busy and traffic is bad. NOT a hell hole, though. Austin is freat. Always something going on (car shows, rallies, live music, etc) Something for everyone!

Fluid is the most expensive part, and cheap fluid is NOT a good investment.

Exaggerated? How so? Personal experience? My experience reflects otherwise. Good investment in my opinion and make my 318 run better!

I have seen the numbers, but no dyno on mine. I can feel the difference and was not disappointed with the cost.

Has this thread gotten a little on the "gibberish" side while I have been gone?
Dallas is a hell-hole when you're not used to the big city bullsh1t.

FWIW, I've got cheap fluid in mine since Oct. 2011 and it's been running just fine and dandy.

Exaggerated as in the 318 has a slightly hotter cam than the 360. That and flat top pistons makes the gains slightly exaggerated compared to the 360.

*edit*

Rinsed it off. Parked it in the heavily shaded part of the yard. Where I've got it parked looks like I'm trying to sell it. lol

Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Up to you. HS 1.7s are up there with the SCT in terms of bang for the buck. And since you have an SCT and will have headers the effects will be magnified if you get a custom tune.
But wouldn't headers and rockers be pretty much under the bolt on upgrade category?

I know rockers aren't the easiest things to install but still. I might have to get a custom tune if it would help. Horsepower adds up. I need a few extra ponies to pull them 33s since I still have stock gearing...

Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

But wouldn't headers and rockers be pretty much under the bolt on upgrade category?

I know rockers aren't the easiest things to install but still. I might have to get a custom tune if it would help. Horsepower adds up. I need a few extra ponies to pull them 33s since I still have stock gearing...
Uhh, yeah. Did I state otherwise? lol

I think rockers might actually be easier to install as you don't have to re-do half the exhaust system. lmao

Hey, you said in another thread that you're running 36 psi in your tires. If they can support the higher pressure, run 45 in the front and 40 in the back. It makes a huge difference in the way my rig behaves on the street.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, the rockers are very easy to install. The hardest part of the whole job is getting the valve covers off and putting them back on, and that isn't hard either.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?