2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 PM
allmyTdrunken1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an 09. Stock is 390. Programmer alone makes 40 that's 430 add 15-20 for exhaust n cai. That's 450 son

Old 07-03-2013, 01:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Son? *cough* Yeah, right.

I would invite you to re-read the marketing blurbs on those..... I do believe it says "Up To" x number of horsepower. Their claims are always overinflated. You aren't going to get even close to 15-20 with exhaust and CAI. I would be impressed if you got 5. There just isn't that much power to be had there.

In short, you are not going to get even remotely close to 60 horses from those mods.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 PM
allmyTdrunken1
Amateur

Sorry. Got caught up in the moment. Didn't mean to disrespect you. Well. They have dyno charts. They state 25-30 rwhp gains. That's not bad. Up to 40+hp might be peak. Dont know, dont care. All I know is superchips offers more hp and more canned tunes than the rest on the market. Have you ever watched power block on spike tv? They dyno a lot and have pulled some respectable numbers with simple bolt ons and programmers. So I disagree with you.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by allmyTdrunken1
Sorry. Got caught up in the moment. Didn't mean to disrespect you. Well. They have dyno charts. They state 25-30 rwhp gains. That's not bad. Up to 40+hp might be peak. Dont know, dont care. All I know is superchips offers more hp and more canned tunes than the rest on the market. Have you ever watched power block on spike tv? They dyno a lot and have pulled some respectable numbers with simple bolt ons and programmers. So I disagree with you.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think he's in for a rude awakening if he ever strapped it to a dyno...

"cold air intakes" don't do squat. The sooner you learn that, the better.

The factory air intake system is engineered to the engine it's attached to. I was young and dumb once and didn't listen to the old codger that I argued with about that when I had my camaro...then I actually saw some real unbias dyno runs with stock vs CAI... stock made more power...CAI just added more noise.

exhaust really isn't going to change power more than 1hp either without deleting the cat and muffler...even then the gains will be negligible. headers might add another couple ponies.

programmer really isn't going to gain much at all because gasoline engines are not really detuned at all. they are pretty close to making the most they can possibly make with their current configurations...

Old 07-03-2013, 02:32 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

^lol...

Old 07-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Jigabop
Champion

back on topic: my buddy and I got our bikes out and went for a ride up one of the local roads that turns into a dirt road and goes miles back into the woods... well about 1/2 way down the road he got a flat on the rear tire. valve stem came loose and ripped the tube. so I rode back, got the truck and rescued his bike. I then used the truck to fetch some electronic parts for my bike.

I bought a headlight kit for my bike, and after getting it wired up I decided I wanted more light but since my bike doesn't have a lighting stator at all and I'm tapped into the electronic carburetor power, (it has its own stator and regulator/rectifier) I really only have 25-30w tops to work with. So I got some replacement LED headlights that put out over double the light output (originally 200lumens, now 500lumens) and run on 45-50% less power than the halogens that came with the headlight kit.

So since they were running so efficient, I wired up a new add-in harness to make it so on low beam all is normal, just one of the two bulbs on, and on high beam, both bulbs are on! Since both bulbs running at once use less power than a single 20w halogen and put out over 5x the light output, I got it wired up to run single or both at once...

couple wire connectors, a diode, a little soldering, and some liquid tape, and it works perfectly

truck comes into all of this as it was used to fetch the parts

bike can now easily get me home safely after dark

(bike is a 2003 KX250 2-stroke for those wondering)

Old 07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drove the family around in the rainstorm, Ram took on the rain all in stride.

Somebody didn't have any luck however, Ford F250 totaled on the side of the road in a curve, guess he may have hydroplaned. Not sure, looks to have flipped a few times. It's totaled....

Old 07-03-2013, 03:19 PM
abdodge1500
Professional

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
How do you like that Dynomax muffler ?
I like it, its loud but its not so loud you can't hear the radio like it was when I just had the cat and no exhaust or muffler whatsoever. (bought it that way)

Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Maybe I should ask which Dynomax LOL? I got the VT, you can hear the radio in the cab during normal driving but it can make some serious noise under load or when you get into it

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?