2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhaust leaks can be a major source of power drops. I've got a slight leak on the Dodge, need to tighten it a little more, but mine isn't big enough to cause any trouble.

If you were in the Ford world you would have hit the holy grail, due to their valve timing, but Dodge's don't seem to be effected as much IMO.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Jigabop
Champion

I ain't got one of them fancy pants vdub tools there, but even if I did...doesn't change the fact that it was still the POS clamp that caused the leak

it was not the hose, hose is only 2 months or so old...I just just replaced the bastard earlier this spring/summer...

my screw type hose clamp fixed her right up and put a stop to the leak.

nothin little old 'murika couldn't handle

and it wasn't even a new clamp I used found it in the junk drawer of my toolbox

I toss old parts/bolts/springs/gaskets/etc (that are still good) in there for when I might need them again some day...that junk drawer has bailed me out several times.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

cleared the check engine tonight... got codes for no signal at cam, and crank sensor. also misfire codes. thinking its because of broken injector plugs. they dont clip onto the injector securely.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Replaced battery cable, tightened starter motor mount bolts (lower one comes loose all the time, warped starter motor AFAIK), checked all fluids, checked lights again, tightened fuel regulator bolt, tightened exhaust manifold bolt, and filled the cab

Towing beefer to the locker in the stock trailer tomorrow, lets hope no breakdowns.

Looking at the front axle and tires, left tire seemed entirely out of whack as far as camber goes, I will double check when on some flat pavement tomorrow, but it looks like something up front is bent, might explain the terrible clanking noise heard when turning sharp left with the force on the left side, i.e. uphill turning left &c. Hate to say it but it looks like the axle might be slightly bent, or could be I am losing a tierod, or maybe both, this truck DID entirely break a tierod when we first got it, before we towed with it.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:00 PM
DeeJayh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Meh, oh well.
You do your thing, we'll do ours.

Don't like America, move the hell out.
EFFIN RIGHT!

Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 PM
DeeJayh
Rookie

Muddin', 'nuff said

Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
*sigh*

Use the correct tool for the job.

Dumbass 'Murricans.

I have 3 different styles of those and 50% of the time there is not room to get those pliers in there. but most of the time I'm working on newer compact engine bays.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

It is a known fact that the engineers that design these things NEVER have to actually work on them.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM
DeeJayh
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
It is a known fact that the engineers that design these things NEVER have to actually work on them.
Amen, same goes for everything. I do HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and remodeling... ever seen an architect's blueprint? Omg I wish I could meet half of them... so I could givem the ol' rudy tudy

Old 08-22-2013, 11:13 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
cleared the check engine tonight... got codes for no signal at cam, and crank sensor. also misfire codes. thinking its because of broken injector plugs. they dont clip onto the injector securely.
Try Zipties to hold them on or buy the little clips for them.

Filled it with gas, going to get the rear blocks and go get the winter beater on the trailer to bring it home on the weekend.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?