2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:59 PM
smoke stacks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram15002ndGen
OOooohhh I got you now, drag race, cool! I understand about the tailgate. I didn't know if you were one of these guys that thinks they get better mileage with it down than up. I have always left mine up and then found that "Myth Busters" proved that the gate up is better on mileage. So I was happy when I saw that.
actually its better with the tailgate half down. creates a kind of wing. seen it on an old episode of trucks when Stacey David was the host. Today i restored my headlights, washed and waxed my truck. she looks new again!

Name:  DSCN0859.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  33.7 KB

Old 09-04-2009, 11:17 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

put a Cobra 29 WX NW ST cb radio in it, calibrated the SWRs, and unhooked the right side antenna, and calibrated again, now its about 1.75:1 SWR, not too bad, when i get back to Kewanee, i want to get it peaked and tuned with both antennas hooked up, so i can reach like a son of a bitch

Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
i want to get it peaked and tuned with both antennas hooked up, so i can reach like a son of a bitch
You'll still have nothing to say.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
You'll still have nothing to say.
believe me, i never shut up, especially when im on radio, and me and the old man start up the trucker talk, and im clear

Old 09-05-2009, 12:24 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
awesome man !!

was wondering how those dacota m/t tires hold up , i have dayton m/t and want something cheaper next time around i drive on road no offroading i use m/t for looks
so far the driving that I have done on them they have held up great. Everybody at Pepboys was like "oh you'll have road noise can you handle that? it gets annoying are you sure you want them" Well let me tell you something lol I wanted road noise and to be honest with you in the truck you don't really hear anything. In cattle chutes you hear it but its not bad. and IIRC if they are low on air.

I will say if you get them MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE AIR PERIODICALLY!! I left the passenger front get low and it did wear down the edge. Can't blame that on the tire though it was me being lazy and not checking them.

I hope to be able to check them out in the mud some point in my lifetime lol

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
believe me, i never shut up, especially when im on radio, and me and the old man start up the trucker talk, and im clear
"breaker breaker this heres the Maroon Monster. Any you boys out there looking for a good time? I got all you need they don't call me the monster for nothing C'MON"

Old 09-05-2009, 12:50 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

actually the handle's pickup man, the trucks name is Maroon, as i also use that same handle in the semi trucks

more along the lines of: you've got the one pickup man...what ever im transmitting...ill be 10-10 on the side

Old 09-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Oren09
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God, ya'll are all full of ****s and giggles tonight...

I'm watching Convoy right now, actually, lol.

Today I replaced my fog light bulbs and attempted the fog light mod (see thread on said mod).
I also went be the stealership and picked up the parts I ordered. I got the vacuum reservoir for the wild vents and the round throttle body gasket for when I finally install a round air cleaner.
However, the vacuum reservoir won't fit- in the T to the a/c, or on the intake. The elbow it comes with is too big, and the connectors on it are too small for the hoses elsewhere. I used the part number I found in a wild vents thread, so I'm sure it's the right one. Where/how does it go?

Old 09-05-2009, 01:03 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
Oren09
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol.. thems sure is purty trucks.
Makes me think more about getting a CDL. Only problem is I'm 18, and with Montana laws, that means I could only drive within the state. You have to be 21 to get an interstate CDL.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:29 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

thats why i love living on a farm, im 18, and legally able to drive within 150 miles of the farm, with no CDL, even out of state
i sure hate DOT though, never had a truck red tagged, but the old one wouldn't pass now, but it don't see the bypass anymore, but the newer T800s do

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?