2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 07:57 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took her off roading and brought up a couple of Locust trees

Old 01-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Finished my gauge pod install from last week.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually threw some mud with it for the first time and went for a small load of firewood, then ran out of chainsaw oil . Will get a bigger load next weekend

Old 01-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
you want it to go over the top of the factory trim or it will not stay still...
Well, I got the GlowShift pod install finished today... The pod slid into the end of the dash and tucked all the way under the door seal is very ridged... there's no movement of the pod or gauges, even over sizable bumps.

I'll keep the factory trim in case it's needed, but at this point, it really doesn't look like it.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Spent most of the morning pulling folks out of the serious drifts in the road. Neighbor tried to take his Caravan to work. That didn't work....... that was basically dragging dead weight across the top of the snow. Didn't work very well. Ended up leaving that one. (another truck with better snow tires got him out though.) Other neighbor at least had four wheel drive, but, insufficient ground clearance. That one came out pretty easy with a ****** strap. Pulled them to a relatively clear part of the road, and they were able to make it home.

The snow is drifting REALLY heavy here. In some places, where the wind can whip across the fields, and the field is higher than the road bed, the drifts are over 6 feet deep, and 50 or more feet long......

I managed to go thru snow 2 to 3 feet deep, but, I sure wouldn't wanna stop in the middle of it...... I suspect that's where I would be sittin' for a while. Don't need to go anywhere though, so, gonna just stay inside, where its warmer.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Spent most of the morning pulling folks out of the serious drifts in the road. Neighbor tried to take his Caravan to work. That didn't work....... that was basically dragging dead weight across the top of the snow. Didn't work very well. Ended up leaving that one. (another truck with better snow tires got him out though.) Other neighbor at least had four wheel drive, but, insufficient ground clearance. That one came out pretty easy with a ****** strap. Pulled them to a relatively clear part of the road, and they were able to make it home.

The snow is drifting REALLY heavy here. In some places, where the wind can whip across the fields, and the field is higher than the road bed, the drifts are over 6 feet deep, and 50 or more feet long......

I managed to go thru snow 2 to 3 feet deep, but, I sure wouldn't wanna stop in the middle of it...... I suspect that's where I would be sittin' for a while. Don't need to go anywhere though, so, gonna just stay inside, where its warmer.

Heh heh...You said, "******". Heh heh heh heh

Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

That would be '****** STRAP'.... Wait, nevermind. Forget I typed anything.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got my door speakers installed over the weekend. so no more factory amps, no more 6x9's and no more stock infinity 6.5s in the rears.

now has polk audio MM6501 component speakers front and rear

ordered a new amp for the truck as well since my 1000w amp is blown

so new 800w RMS polk audio amp is ordered to replace it Much higher quality class D amp specifically made for the speakers it will be driving.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:52 PM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou

I feel like a guy could make good money doing this lol. That is unless your a good citizen and do it out of the kindness of your heart. Or unless there is a law against it I guess.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:11 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changed the passenger rear tire...

Took a curve and promptly heard a rubbing noise, pulled over and it was flatter than a pancake...

Got the spare out, full of air luckily!, took the old one off, found a hole on the inner sidewall. Not sure if I hit something sharp or if the tire chains rubbed it wrong, I've had them at 25PSI for about 2 weeks now.

Truck looks stupid with the 16" spare on there....

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?